If Hawaii makes a BCS bowl game... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

If Hawaii makes a BCS bowl game...

Moderator: Football Moderators

If Hawaii makes a BCS bowl game...

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:25 pm

I'm just getting this out now, because it looks like it is going to happen.

If Hawaii makes a BCS bowl game, they will be the worst team to EVER play in a BCS bowl. Now I am not saying they will be the worst team that has ever played in a BCS bowl game so far, I mean there will never, ever be a worse team to play in a BCS bowl game in the future either.

That is all.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: If Hawaii makes a BCS bowl game...

Postby Metroid » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:31 pm

I take it you're not to high on Hawaii. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:06 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I'm just getting this out now, because it looks like it is going to happen.

If Hawaii makes a BCS bowl game, they will be the worst team to EVER play in a BCS bowl. Now I am not saying they will be the worst team that has ever played in a BCS bowl game so far, I mean there will never, ever be a worse team to play in a BCS bowl game in the future either.

That is all.

I agree. They have BY FAR the worst SOS since the BCS was created. They have barley gotten passed some terrible teams.

I think you are wrong on one thing Bagel... BSU will beat them so they won't go to a BCS bowl
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:54 am

Are you guys forgetting Pitt already? They were so bad that Utah had the game won by midway through the 1st quarter.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:18 pm

Sandrock wrote:Are you guys forgetting Pitt already? They were so bad that Utah had the game won by midway through the 1st quarter.

They are much worse than that Pitt team, and also much worse than that unranked FSU team that made it in by default when the ACC was awful. There was another terrible team that made it in one year that I can't remember, but I feel safe in saying this Hawaii team is at least 3x as bad without even knowing who it was.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:01 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:I'm just getting this out now, because it looks like it is going to happen.

That is all.

I agree. They have BY FAR the worst SOS since the BCS was created. They have barley gotten passed some terrible teams.

I think you are wrong on one thing Bagel... BSU will beat them so they won't go to a BCS bowl

Agreed.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:07 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Sandrock wrote:Are you guys forgetting Pitt already? They were so bad that Utah had the game won by midway through the 1st quarter.

They are much worse than that Pitt team, and also much worse than that unranked FSU team that made it in by default when the ACC was awful. There was another terrible team that made it in one year that I can't remember, but I feel safe in saying this Hawaii team is at least 3x as bad without even knowing who it was.

Wake was pretty bad.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby roninmedia » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:55 am

With the way things are going this season, if things were the way they were back in 1984, we might be looking at Hawaii being national champs. You know, being the only undefeated team with no wins against a team in the final AP top 20 and beating 6-5 Michigan in the Holiday Bowl by a touchdown. ;-7
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:15 am

roninmedia wrote:With the way things are going this season, if things were the way they were back in 1984, we might be looking at Hawaii being national champs. You know, being the only undefeated team with no wins against a team in the final AP top 20 and beating 6-5 Michigan in the Holiday Bowl by a touchdown. ;-7

One person did vote for Boise as the NC last year btw. (He lost his vote in the offseason)
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sandrock » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:55 am

One thing I will say for Hawaii is that they at least tried to schedule some tough OOC games to raise their SOS. Michigan State payed Hawaii a quarter million to not have Hawaii come play at their house. USC, Michigan and Texas all turned down Hawaii traveling to their respective stadiums for this year. Next year they play two Pac-10 teams, but Colt Brennan will no longer be around. A year too late perhaps.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football