Waiver wire keepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Waiver wire keepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Waiver wire keepers

Postby Chip Happens » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:48 am

I am not sure how this relates to other leagues, because we do some wierd things in our league. Its a young league, about 3 years, and we're all friends, 12 teams. This is the first season we decided to have a keeper, anyone on your roster drafted after 8th round, could be 10th, or a free agent. So Cadilac and Ronnie Brown, obviously drafted in the first three rounds, get season ending injuries and go onto the waiver wire. This guy thinks that they are now considered keepers since they were on the waiver wire. IHow do I convince this guy and everyone else that it is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. There are no wirtten rules in our constitution with regard to keepers, and I dont know how common late round keeper leagues are. Could someone help me out
QB-M.Hasselbeck ; J.Campbell
RB-R.Bush; M.Lynch; J.Jones; W.Dunn; J.Norwood; K.Watson
WR- T.J Houshamazoie; B.Edwards; L.Fitzgerald; S.McDonald; I.Bruce;
TE-J.King;E.Johnson;L.J.Smith
K-Bob Gould
DST-PHI
Chip Happens
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Waiver wire keepers

Postby Snowhawk » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:15 pm

first thing, get everyone together and outline a set of rules. From my understanding, since those RBs were acquired after the 8th round of the draft for that team, it shouldn't cost more than a 10th/FA slot to keep them. Without rules on how to keep free agents, you also may take the position that the player shouldn't cost more than a FA slot since they weren't "drafted" by that GM. I do agree with you though, if they were claimed off waivers, they should have the original keeper cost. If they made it to free agency, they shouldn't have a keeper cost beyond the last pick in the draft. You can't be mad at that GM for trying to get a better keeper value, i'd be more angry with those who cut those RBs. This is one of the many reasons why our league avoided trying to place a round value on a player and decided to just make it a full roster keeper (dynasty). That way there is no confusion, if the guy is on your roster on the last day of the fantasy season, he'll be on your roster the following season (unless retired).
Snowhawk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner