Donald Lee? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donald Lee?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Donald Lee?

Postby AllDay » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:21 am

FatFoot wrote:Nice troll. :)

The statistics back up a couple of things.

1). The Green Bay Packers are currently the league leader in passing yardage per game average.
2). There have been 4 primary targets in Favre's passing game.
3). Favre has used 13 targets this year. He is spreading the ball around.

You're used to a WR1 getting the vast majority of the looks. Or in some cases, a WR1a and WR1b getting a split. In Green Bay's league leading passing yardage offense, there are 4 guys with reasonably close yardage. That's called spreading the ball around. That's called making plays. You have no credibility, the moment you act like Driver isn't a top WR threat.

What is your explanation for the fact that Favre leads the league in yards, and yet none of the Packers are in the top 10 in receiving yards? They suck? They're average? In order for that statistic to exist, the wide outs have to make those catches. They're making all the right plays, the team is 9-1, they're getting all the yardage, but it's not all going to one guy. Figure it out.

Oh troll yourself.

Favre leads the league in yards but no Packer is in the top 10 (or 20) in receiving yards because Favre is a helluva QB and has a solid group of options to throw to, but no single player had been particularly dominant. The team runs a play, and Favre chooses his best option to throw to.

This isn't like having Randy Moss, TO, and Steve Smith to throw to. Alot of teams bring a solid receiving corps to the table. The Packers group isn't particularly outstanding. They're solid, and Favre is getting alot out of them. Driver is somewhere between top 5 and top 15 IMO - and it's a pretty evenly matched group with a ranking of 5 being very generous. With his totals this year I would probably have to move him to the bottom end of that list - and possibly off if he doesn't start scoring more TD's. I'd probably rather have Jennings but he's borderline top 10 himself.

My opinion here begins with Donald Lee's performance.

Throughout Favre's career he has many differnt groups of WR's and a number of TE's have passed thru that system over the years. A few TE's have had runs that are useful for fantasy purposes. Some have not. Is that always due to the fact that Favre is suddenly 'spreading the ball around' or his WR corps is top flight? I would argue it has more to do with the player, his 'chemistry' with Favre and maybe just opportunity.

In this case I think Lee and Favre deserve the largest chunk of the credit for success. These are the two performing. Having other strengths helps for sure, but why not give a little credit to the guys actually putting up the stats?
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk