Chester Taylor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chester Taylor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chester Taylor

Postby Bwanna » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:26 am

After this last performance against the woeful Raiders run D? What's his value for the rest of the season assuming AD starts on Nov 25th @ NYG? Does his role change after AD comes back?
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chester Taylor

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:40 am

If AD is healthy and starting, Chester will go back to playing apprentice. Chester is a solid back, but AD is just worlds better. He only holds really value while AD is down and/or limited.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bwanna » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:15 am

Hate to think what AD would have done vs Oak this week. Sheesh.
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FatFoot » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:20 am

Consider that it may be the O Line that's making that huge productivity possible.

Consider that ADP probably WON'T start next weekend...

Consider that when ADP comes back, he may very well split carries, as the Vikes aren't really playing for anything this season.

Chester's still got value. And I think he's got starting value into and maybe past week 13.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:27 pm

FatFoot wrote:Consider that it may be the O Line that's making that huge productivity possible.

Consider that when ADP comes back, he may very well split carries, as the Vikes aren't really playing for anything this season.

Chester's still got value. And I think he's got starting value into and maybe past week 13.

Yep, yep, yep, yep. That O-line is quite good in the running game.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:32 pm

FatFoot wrote:Consider that it may be the O Line that's making that huge productivity possible.

Nothing to play for?

They aren't eliminated from the playoffs yet. They are in the NFC.

Not to mention, Childress is going to try and get him back ASAP so he can keep his job. Taylors game this weekend was a result of Oaklands abysmal rush defense, fresh legs, and a good run blocking offensive line. Wait til he puts up 55 yards against the Giants this week.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FatFoot » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:34 pm

Put it this way: they will probably be mathematically eliminated by the time ADP comes back, if not shortly after. 2 weeks on a LCL grade 2 is a pipe dream, as far as I've read. Looking at their schedule, the Vikes have 1 "sure thing" left on their schedule. Without ADP, they're going to lose to a couple of the teams who they're contending for a wild card spot with. Finishing .500 would be an accomplishment. Taking a wild card over the Giants, Buccs, Redskins, Lions and Eagles, all of which are IMO better teams, some of which have easier remaining schedules... that's a long shot. And by the time ADP returns to 100%, I think it will be pretty much out of the question.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby russellzisky » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Rotoworld update from today, 11/19/07:

Vikings coach Brad Childress confirmed Monday that Adrian Peterson (torn LCL) is a "long shot" to play in Week 12.

The Vikings have been targeting Week 13 against Detroit as the return date for Peterson all along, so this is not a surprise. Peterson did begin running in a pool on Monday and could do some dry-land work this week. Chester Taylor is likely to get another start against the Giants on Sunday. Nov. 19 - 2:21 pm et
russellzisky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:23 pm

I think it's quite clear that Chester's fried chicken is not the back AD is. That doesn't prevent chester from being relevant (and startable) against pretty much any defense. He proved he could do it last year, I'm not sure why he can't this year.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby AllDay » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:36 pm

Bwanna wrote:After this last performance against the woeful Raiders run D? What's his value for the rest of the season assuming AD starts on Nov 25th @ NYG? Does his role change after AD comes back?

I'd guess they decide to go back to splitting carries to keep Peterson fresh, and they have the look of a team that will need to run the ball alot (unless they get blown out early).

I'd probably still play Chester week 13 even if AD comes back - beyond that I'd want to see what transpires. I don't think he's an automatic start, but he should be serviceable.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk