Just Bought an HDTV - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Just Bought an HDTV

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Just Bought an HDTV

Postby sox 06 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:59 am

We finally had a cable guy come over to look at the fuzziness of all of the TV's in our house and in the process, he sold a digital box to my parents. Because I have the only HDTV in the house, we hooked the box up to my tv. I'm not too sure what kind of package we have, but we have something like 170 HD channels, but its says that I don't get ESPN HD. Do I need to sign up for ESPN HD seperately?
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:05 am

I have never heard of that. ESPN is one of the HD channels that usually comes with any HD package. That's kind of ridiculous
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby josebach » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:08 am

treat24 wrote:I have never heard of that. ESPN is one of the HD channels that usually comes with any HD package. That's kind of ridiculous

Ditto. We get ESPN & ESPN2 in HD for no extra charge through Comcast. We don't have 170 channels of Hi-Def, though. More like 40-50 and roughly a third of those are premium channels.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby sox 06 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:45 am

josebach wrote:
treat24 wrote:I have never heard of that. ESPN is one of the HD channels that usually comes with any HD package. That's kind of ridiculous

Ditto. We get ESPN & ESPN2 in HD for no extra charge through Comcast. We don't have 170 channels of Hi-Def, though. More like 40-50 and roughly a third of those are premium channels.

Actually we have 170 total channels with some of those being in HD, I shoudl have worded that differently. I get ESPN NEWS in HD and ESPN Classic, but not ESPN or ESPN 2. I also get TNT in HD but not TBS in HD :-?
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:47 am

that is seriously messed up. I've never heard of that. what provider?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby sox 06 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:54 am

treat24 wrote:that is seriously messed up. I've never heard of that. what provider?

Time Warner Cable, one of my parents is calling today to find out I think.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:05 am

josebach wrote:

Free?? Nice. Keep in mind that I have been working for them for slightly over 2 1/2 years and HD has gone from free, to $1, to $5 in my area during that time period. :-o
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod

Postby josebach » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:27 am

Lofunzo wrote:
josebach wrote:

Free?? Nice. Keep in mind that I have been working for them for slightly over 2 1/2 years and HD has gone from free, to $1, to $5 in my area during that time period. :-o

HD is $5. When I said "no extra charge", I meant it was included with all of the other HD non-premium channels.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:40 am

josebach wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Free?? Nice. Keep in mind that I have been working for them for slightly over 2 1/2 years and HD has gone from free, to $1, to $5 in my area during that time period. :-o

HD is $5. When I said "no extra charge", I meant it was included with all of the other HD non-premium channels.

When I asked my boss why we keep raising the price for HD while Cablevision offers it for free, he told me "that is the position that we choose to take". :-°
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod

Postby sox 06 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:39 pm

Well I emailed TWC yesterday and I got an email today saying that everything should be available to me now. I turned my TV on and bam, I now get ESPN, ESPN2, TBS and a lot more channels in HD ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk