Owner dumps half his team in waiver pool - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Owner dumps half his team in waiver pool

Moderator: Football Moderators

Owner dumps half his team in waiver pool

Postby mothaudio » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:01 pm

I can't believe it but the guy in last place [out of the playoffs] in our 10 team office / $$$ league just dumped half his team in the waiver pool. The guys he dropped are...

Nov 20 3:30pm Jeff Wilkins (StL - K)
Nov 20 3:30pm Koren Robinson (GB - WR)
Nov 20 3:30pm Najeh Davenport (Pit - RB)
Nov 20 3:30pm DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
Nov 20 3:30pm Eli Manning (NYG - QB)
Nov 20 3:29pm Steve Smith (Car - WR)
Nov 20 3:28pm Leigh Bodden (Cle - DB)
Nov 20 3:28pm Washington (Was - DEF)

Ok, the only two I'm concerned with are Manning and Smith. What should I do? Make a post that those players are off limits? This is a Yahoo league so there isn't anything I can do to stop anyone form picking them up other than lock the entire league.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Owner dumps half his team in waiver pool

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:58 pm

If you're the commish you can put them back on his team. Just because he wants to ruin the league doesn't mean you should let him.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joejlitz » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:40 pm

Absolutely. The integrity of the league and $$ are at stake. Do what you have to, but don't let anyone else pick these guys up.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby joejlitz » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:51 pm

Can I get a little HIR?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=376260&hilit=
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mothaudio » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:37 pm

Appreciate the responses. After speaking with a couple of owners this morning I returned the guys he dropped to his squad and posted this on our homepage. I also locked him out. Something I do after you lose in the playoffs. Looks like I'll have to add a more specific provision to our league manifesto next year. It never ceases to amaze me what guys will do next.

Commissioner's Note:

11/21 Real funny Matt. You may be out of the playoffs but everyone else is still trying to win. Dumping starters ranked in the top 10 for guys on "IR" is not cool. Gobble, gooble.

The Commish
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby negativism » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:53 am

mothaudio wrote:Appreciate the responses. After speaking with a couple of owners this morning I returned the guys he dropped to his squad and posted this on our homepage. I also locked him out. Something I do after you lose in the playoffs. Looks like I'll have to add a more specific provision to our league manifesto next year. It never ceases to amaze me what guys will do next.

Commissioner's Note:

11/21 Real funny Matt. You may be out of the playoffs but everyone else is still trying to win. Dumping starters ranked in the top 10 for guys on "IR" is not cool. Gobble, gooble.

The Commish

It is sad there are players out there that believe that if it is not specificly written down that you can't do something it is ok to do it.

There is nothing in the bylaws that says i can't go and kidnap the best player on my division rivals squad so i can go do it.
negativism
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mothaudio » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:34 am

It is sad there are players out there that believe that if it is not specificly written down that you can't do something it is ok to do it.

You can't win. Now one of the owners said I should have left his team alone. This was 5 days after I asked for his opinion on this subject! Thanks for the late reply! We have a "collusion clause" in our manifesto that touches on this subject. I shot this memo to everyone in the league.

To justify my action, the reason I reversed his moves was because he was tanking, the value of the 7 players he dropped wasn't of the same value of the 7 players he pickd up [not even close]. The degree of the difference constitutes "tanking". His team [starters and bench] is not as strong now as before the moves. And since two of those players are top 15 starters he gave an unfair advantage to anyone with the highest waiver position. He would not have done that before he was eliminated. It's obvious he gave up and doesn't care. My duty is to see that everyone plays by the rules. His action goes against one of the guidelines in our manifesto / league rules [fielding your most competitive team]. I guess next year I'll have to make things a little more clear for everyone. I contacted three other owners. Two thought something should have been done and didn't voice any opposition to the action I proposed [one of them is the co-commish]. The third didn't reply. So my action was fair and democratic.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RCR » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:17 pm

I also approve of your move in locking down a team out of contention and informing the league of your reasons. But, frankly, does anyone really want to start either Eli Manning or Steve Smith at this point? Anyone in Playoff contention really won't stand to benefit in a 10 team league.
RCR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby THEOT » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:29 pm

I agree, you did the right thing. I also agree that nobody in a 10 team league is goign to want to start any of those guys. But its the principal of it that counts in this instance.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:19 pm

RCR wrote: But, frankly, does anyone really want to start either Eli Manning or Steve Smith at this point? Anyone in Playoff contention really won't stand to benefit in a 10 team league.

That is so not the point.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner