Mack, Stacey
Duckett, T.J.
Jordan, LaMont
Wuerffel, Danny
nobody

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Picklejuice » Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:39 pm

For a 16 team league i don't think that's too bad. i'd be interested in what pick you had and how the order went down. Having Taylor is risky, but you have Mack so that's good. Then again, The Jags look terrible so far so i'd keep my fingers crossed until Smith comes back (IF he comes back)

Ride Warner like a pack mule - if your league favors QB's you should be able to make playoffs on his shoulders alone. if you get heavily penalized for INT's I'd conseider a trade for a top RB % a good WR. Barlow isn't bad, but Hearst has to falter first for him to get alot of playing time. If you can get a #1 QB & 2 #1 RB's you should be set.
Picklejuice
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby nobody » Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:38 pm

Darnay Scott just got cut by JAX, so now the question is do I keep him and hope that he'll be signed by someone else?

The other option is to replace him with a sleeper WR, I don't really have enough depth at RB to make a trade. Here's the list (slim pickins) of available WRs:

Steve Smith, Joe Jurevicius, Quincy Morgan, Troy Edwards, Ashley Lelie, Javon Walker, Tai Streets, Jerry Porter, Brandon Stokely, Josh Reed, Bobby Shaw, Deion Branch.
nobody

Postby slowkidz » Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:05 am

I would drop Scott. His past injuries make him a risky pick. Plus he couldn't hold onto the Jax job even with Smith out of the picture...I like Morgan and Walker as a replacement. Morgan had some problems with his hands last year, but I think he is starting to come out of that and he looks real comfy with Couch this preseason. Walker just for the fact that he will be one of the top three WRs in Green Bay, and when you have Favre throwing to you, your value automatically increases...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby nobody » Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:48 am

Dropped Scott yesterday... I went a totally different direction and picked up Warrick Dunn from the free agents list. I figure if he does well, he becomes good trade bait, or I trade one of my other backup RBs for a decent WR.

Comments?
nobody

Postby terpfan » Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:01 pm

im surprised warrick dunn was around in a 16 team league. however u now only have 1 wr on ur bench. dunn is better than any of those FA wrs and u may be able to use him as trade bait. try trading jordan to the curtis martin owner for a wr...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk