Red Circle on XBox 360 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Red Circle on XBox 360

Moderator: Football Moderators

Red Circle on XBox 360

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:07 am

Ok, so I bought my 360 and got the red circle. I returned it to Best Buy b/c I had the warranty and I assumed the warranty was still good after that, but apperantly u lose it when you use it once or when it runs out which ever comes first. A month later the new one has the red circle as well. Someone told me that you can return it to microsoft if it has this problem. Anyone know what the protocol is? Is this how it is done?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Red Circle on XBox 360

Postby sox 06 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:06 pm

Here is a link that might help out a bit and here is an old thread that might also help you out a little ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Ugh. Just got this too. Solid 1.5 years out of it. What do I do? :-P :~(
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:20 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:Ugh. Just got this too. Solid 1.5 years out of it. What do I do? :-P :~(

they extended the warranty on it for up to 3 years I think. Call Microsoft and they will have you send it to them and they will give you a new one
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:13 am

a full red circle isnt the ring of death...that usually means your audio/video cable isnt properly plugged in. if three red lights are there, with the one being not on in the top right corner...thats when your system is toast. ive got the full ring and it scared the poop out of me until i realized it wasnt broke. luckily, i havent had a system take a crap on me yet. (crosses fingers)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:10 am

deluxe_247 wrote:a full red circle isnt the ring of death...that usually means your audio/video cable isnt properly plugged in. if three red lights are there, with the one being not on in the top right corner...thats when your system is toast. ive got the full ring and it scared the poop out of me until i realized it wasnt broke. luckily, i havent had a system take a crap on me yet. (crosses fingers)

yea, mine was the three red flashing circles both times
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:39 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Ugh. Just got this too. Solid 1.5 years out of it. What do I do? :-P :~(

they extended the warranty on it for up to 3 years I think. Call Microsoft and they will have you send it to them and they will give you a new one

Called. They are sending a new one soon. Thanks ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:47 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Called. They are sending a new one soon. Thanks ;-D

Not a problem. They were pretty quick about it too with me. They will also give you a free month of XBox live ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:52 am

My near launch system was running strong up until this week when I bought a second 360 (an elite) to replace it with plans to move the original upstairs. It must've found out I was cheating on it with another 360 or something, because my console that had been running fine for two years crapped out the day after I got the elite. Worse, it wasn't even RROD, but rather the video out problem (I get audio but no video).

I called and told them it was RROD because people have said they don't even check to verify this so hopefully it works out. I'm considering just wrapping it in a towel or something to force it to RROD before I send it back.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bagobonez » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:24 am

IS it me or does EVERYONE who buys an Xbox 360 have trouble with it? I'm glad I didn't buy one now.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Video Games