Red Circle on XBox 360 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Red Circle on XBox 360

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Red Circle on XBox 360

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:46 pm

bagobonez wrote:IS it me or does EVERYONE who buys an Xbox 360 have trouble with it? I'm glad I didn't buy one now.

Seems so...
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:44 pm

bagobonez wrote:IS it me or does EVERYONE who buys an Xbox 360 have trouble with it? I'm glad I didn't buy one now.

I guess that can also be taken as kind of an indication of how good the games are this generation. Everyone has problems with it yet people keep buying it (hell many of us have bought another when the first one had problems rather than waiting just a couple weeks for it to be fixed), because even with those problems it's still more than worth it because it's just so much damn fun when it's working.

I never though anything would top the N64, but I am literally playing 6 games right now and have another 30 on my list that I want to get through before Gears 2 comes out. I can't recall any other year where there were more than 6 or 7 games that I wanted to play as badly as the 30+ I want to play right now.

It truly is the golden age of gaming.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:28 am

Free Bagel wrote:

I guess that can also be taken as kind of an indication of how good the games are this generation. Everyone has problems with it yet people keep buying it (hell many of us have bought another when the first one had problems rather than waiting just a couple weeks for it to be fixed), because even with those problems it's still more than worth it because it's just so much damn fun when it's working.

I never though anything would top the N64, but I am literally playing 6 games right now and have another 30 on my list that I want to get through before Gears 2 comes out. I can't recall any other year where there were more than 6 or 7 games that I wanted to play as badly as the 30+ I want to play right now.

It truly is the golden age of gaming.

He speaks the truth. ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:46 am

Just got my 360 back last week. Was very happy with shipping speed ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guru13 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:24 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:

Seems so...

I have had mine for about a year (it'll be a year in like 2 weeks) and have not had a problem, I had the red lights once, but that was because a cable in the back was loose. My friend's gotten it twice and said it sucked, so hopefully my good fortune continues.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eagles21 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:48 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:

Seems so...

I have had mine for about a year (it'll be a year in like 2 weeks) and have not had a problem, I had the red lights once, but that was because a cable in the back was loose. My friend's gotten it twice and said it sucked, so hopefully my good fortune continues.

The first XBox 360 I bought had a problem where it overrheated and froze any game I put in. The XBox actually broke my one game. It created a ring around the disk, which I could not get off and the game wouldn't work. So, I returned the 360 and got a new one. I've had the 2nd one for about a year and a half and have not had any issues yet (knock on wood). I thought I was a goner though when I opened it up and saw that the manufacturing date was 6/6/06. :-b
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sat May 10, 2008 11:18 pm

go to youtube and search for RROD fix. there are several videos on there of how you can fix the problem yourself if your warranty is out or it's been opened up before.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon May 12, 2008 10:15 am

I recently got this lovely problem, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OPENING CINEMATIC OF GTA4, and sent mine off last Wednesday. I'll have my fingers crossed now until I get it back... :-o
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:22 am

WaCougMBS wrote:I recently got this lovely problem, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OPENING CINEMATIC OF GTA4, and sent mine off last Wednesday. I'll have my fingers crossed now until I get it back... :-o

maybe it's an omen, the game is cursed! :-b I'm joking, it's pretty sweet. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu May 22, 2008 11:05 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:I recently got this lovely problem, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OPENING CINEMATIC OF GTA4, and sent mine off last Wednesday. I'll have my fingers crossed now until I get it back... :-o

maybe it's an omen, the game is cursed! :-b I'm joking, it's pretty sweet. ;-D

I'm about to find out in the morning! I got my 360 back and the RROD is thankfully nowhere to be seen ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games