McNabb Rumors - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

McNabb Rumors

Moderator: Football Moderators

McNabb Rumors

Postby treat24 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:14 pm

I'm sure we've all heard them...

what do we think...?

If it means Chilly stays it will make me very sad. I think add McNabb, get a shutdown corner in the 1st... we might have a puncher's shot...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: McNabb Rumors

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:41 pm

McNabb would be great. He's not the most accurate passer, but he would be one more year removed from surgery and has produced with poor talent at receiver before. I would guess that Rice is the most talented receiver he would have ever played with save TO. Bring McNabb in and lose Childress and I would really be excited.

In the 1st I would like to see either Kenny Phillips or Chris Long. Our safeties are brutal and we need a playmaker back there. Hopefully Phillips could be in the mold of fellow 'Cane Sean Taylor. Long has a good motor and Erasmus just can't stay healthy. With a better pash rush the defense could take another step forward. If we went corner, I'd want Malcolm Jenkins, but I'd rather build better depth at CB in the later rounds. Shutdown corners are scarce these days, I'd say only Champ Bailey and Rashean Mathis can be labeled that these days. Grab somebody like Aqib Talib or Antoine Cason in the 2nd and have them battle with Griffin for the 2nd corner job across from McCauley who I think is going to be very solid. Winfield could very well be gone so corner depth would be key. Either follow that pattern, or trade down in the 1st and grab a WR like Malcolm Kelly. I'd honestly rather not worry about need at all in the 1st as I am a firm believer in taking the best player available. In the 3rd, take a QB like Ainge or Henne to develop behind McNabb, whose injuries will probably shorten his career into his mid-30's.

Of course none of this will happen because the Vikings just aren't as smart as I am.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RiffRaff » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:20 pm

We need TJax to be our #2.

McNabb or the next Derek Anderson( Not DA though), I don't care. TJack has to learn from the bench.
Last edited by RiffRaff on Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby eagles21 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:20 pm

Sorry guys, but I don't think McNabb is going anywhere. He has definitely improved since the beginning up the season, so I guess people could say that he was just recovering from his injury and that's why he wasn't very good. I don't think anyone on the team wants him gone, and Reid has some sort of man-crush with him. :-b

It could happen if you guys give up some big-time draft picks or something, but I don't think that will happen.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RiffRaff » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:07 pm

Nope, not giving big time draft picks.

McNair to Compete/Train TJack is the way it is going to happen.

Maybe a Jet or Bills Castoff. :-o
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Holcomb is as good as gone. I think Brooks will be the third stringer as long as the Vikings don't draft another Thigpen (in which case, Bollinger may be gone as well. If the Vikings can get a McNair/Garcia/Plummer type of quarterback, I'm all for it. The problem with McNabb is that he's locked up, and the Iggles would demand at least a first-rounder. The most I'd be willing to give up would be a 2nd. Bring in someone better than TJax this season, but someone who, if Jackson grows, T-Jax can win the starting job from.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Minnesota Vikings