Anyone ever catch a commissioner cheating... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Anyone ever catch a commissioner cheating...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone ever catch a commissioner cheating...

Postby woff32 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:08 pm

Today our commisioner made a change to his lineup after the game was final. I assume that he thought no one was watching because the guy he was playing against has basically given up and does not set his lineups anymore (I know, this is my first and last year in this league). I work away from home and have been following the scores all day on two computers. I had one that I was using to watch the scoring updates and the other computer is a work computer so we had not touched it in a while. We noticed after the Green Bay game that the commissioner all of a sudden had a lead in his game to where he had been down all game. Luckily we had the other computer that did not refresh and got a print screen and pasted it onto an Excel spread sheet. Sure enough, he had his player on the bench until after the Green bay - Detroit game, and now, all of a sudden he is inserted into his lineup. The bad part is that he is in the last playoff spot with my team being one game behind with two more weeks after this week. How would you guys handle this? I do have this saved on an Excel spread sheet. Thanks in advance.
woff32
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anyone ever catch a commissioner cheating...

Postby Goody » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:15 pm

What site do you run your league? If it is yahoo, any changes the commisioner makes will be posted to the transaction log.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby woff32 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:07 pm

We use CBSsportsline. He didn't change his roster only his starting lineup, and of course, today he is in total denial saying that even he, as commissioner, cannot make changes to his lineup after the game starts. A friend of mine who is a commissioner of his league told me that is absolutely false as a commissioner can change any teams lineup after games have started.
woff32
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby heelfan72 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:49 pm

I'm a commish in CBS and yes you can use commish powers to change your lineup at any time. You can check any transactions that have happened by going under my team and click on transactions report and then click on lineup. If anyone has changed anything in their lineup it will be shown here. Also note that a commish can delete any of these transactions so he may have already. If he hasn't deleted then print screen for your records. Then copy and paste a front page story. IF the commish has cheated I would make him forfeit that particular position and points. In our league that would constitute an illegal lineup which means 0 points for the whole team. Good luck.
heelfan72
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Postby woff32 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:09 pm

Thank you so much, the idiot did not delete the transaction. I have it saved on Excel and plan on letting the league know about this asap. Hell, he should forfeit the win for the week.
woff32
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby doggie62 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:40 am

[quote="woff32"]Thank you so much, the idiot did not delete the transaction. I have it saved on Excel and plan on letting the league know about this asap. Hell, he should forfeit the win for the week.[/quote]

Good for you - what a jerk ..........

I would find a new league next year .
doggie62
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bwanna » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Does Yahoo show lineup changes (moving a player from bench to active roster)? I have a strong suspicion that a commissioner did that today on his team after the line-ups should have been set. I brought up the stattracker during the first round of games today, and he had Arizona as his starting defense, and the stattracker still shows Arizona as his starting D, but when I hit the Yahoo matchup page, it shows Seattle as his starting D (15 pts).

Is there anyway I can see if he made changes after the first game started?
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bwanna » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:18 pm

Bwanna wrote:Does Yahoo show lineup changes (moving a player from bench to active roster)? I have a strong suspicion that a commissioner did that today on his team after the line-ups should have been set. I brought up the stattracker during the first round of games today, and he had Arizona as his starting defense, and the stattracker still shows Arizona as his starting D, but when I hit the Yahoo matchup page, it shows Seattle as his starting D (15 pts).

OK, this really sucks, but apparently the commish can make changes after the games have started in Yahoo, by going to the Commish Tools and editing the line-ups, and there appears to be no record whatsoever of the changes. Is that true?
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby negativism » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:21 am

Bwanna wrote:
Bwanna wrote:Does Yahoo show lineup changes (moving a player from bench to active roster)? I have a strong suspicion that a commissioner did that today on his team after the line-ups should have been set. I brought up the stattracker during the first round of games today, and he had Arizona as his starting defense, and the stattracker still shows Arizona as his starting D, but when I hit the Yahoo matchup page, it shows Seattle as his starting D (15 pts).

OK, this really sucks, but apparently the commish can make changes after the games have started in Yahoo, by going to the Commish Tools and editing the line-ups, and there appears to be no record whatsoever of the changes. Is that true?

That is true.....In yahoo a commish can change any lineup for any week up to the current week and there is no record of it. Had it happen to me a couple times i believe but there is no way to prove it so hey what can ya do? Non $ league.

Everyone should email yahoo and see if they can get this changed to where there is a record of it next year.
negativism
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby RazzLeDazzLe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:46 am

One thing to keep in mind w Yahoo is that once you bring up stattracker it doesnt show updated changes until you reload.

I've took out a player (I'm not a commish) yesterday before the second game started but my stattracker still had in the player I originally played in there until I closed it out and reopened it... So be careful before jumping to conclusions that they necessarily did it ilegally if its Yahoo.
QB: Freeman
RB: Rashad Jennings, Ray Rice, Knowshon Moreno
WR: Calvin Johnson, Jeremy Maclin
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Shayne Graham
D: SD
Bench: Hillis, Knox, Tebow, Woodhead, Ball
RazzLeDazzLe Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next