Anyone ever catch a commissioner cheating... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Anyone ever catch a commissioner cheating...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Anyone ever catch a commissioner cheating...

Postby Bwanna » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:14 am

RazzLeDazzLe wrote:One thing to keep in mind w Yahoo is that once you bring up stattracker it doesnt show updated changes until you reload.

I've took out a player (I'm not a commish) yesterday before the second game started but my stattracker still had in the player I originally played in there until I closed it out and reopened it... So be careful before jumping to conclusions that they necessarily did it ilegally if its Yahoo.

Yeah, I figured that. In this case I brought up stattracker about an hour after the early games had started, and his D was showing Arizona which had a late Sunday game. He had Seattle on his bench, and they were putting up points vs StL. I was pretty happy about that.

Later in the day after the 2nd set of games had started, I refreshed the matchup page (in the browser), and noticed that Seattle was in his lineup. I still had the stattracker up from previously, and stattracker still had Arizona starting.
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Goody » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:42 pm

Bwanna wrote:
Bwanna wrote:Does Yahoo show lineup changes (moving a player from bench to active roster)? I have a strong suspicion that a commissioner did that today on his team after the line-ups should have been set. I brought up the stattracker during the first round of games today, and he had Arizona as his starting defense, and the stattracker still shows Arizona as his starting D, but when I hit the Yahoo matchup page, it shows Seattle as his starting D (15 pts).

Is there anyway I can see if he made changes after the first game started?

OK, this really sucks, but apparently the commish can make changes after the games have started in Yahoo, by going to the Commish Tools and editing the line-ups, and there appears to be no record whatsoever of the changes. Is that true?

No, this is false. If the commish makes a change to his lineup after the games have started, it will show up in the transaction log. It will show the player added to the active lineup and the player moved to the bench.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bwanna » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:30 pm

Goody wrote:No, this is false. If the commish makes a change to his lineup after the games have started, it will show up in the transaction log. It will show the player added to the active lineup and the player moved to the bench.

99.9999999% sure you are mistaken. I'm a commish in another league, and I tried it during the games on Sunday as an experiment. It does not show up in the transaction log. Checked around with some other league commissioners as well -- some knew about the loophole and some didn't, but those that did confirmed that the problem was there.
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Goody » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:40 pm

Bwanna wrote:
Goody wrote:No, this is false. If the commish makes a change to his lineup after the games have started, it will show up in the transaction log. It will show the player added to the active lineup and the player moved to the bench.

99.9999999% sure you are mistaken. I'm a commish in another league, and I tried it during the games on Sunday as an experiment. It does not show up in the transaction log. Checked around with some other league commissioners as well -- some knew about the loophole and some didn't, but those that did confirmed that the problem was there.

I stand corrected. Every move I have ever made as a commissioner has shown up in the transaction log. I just assumed this would be the case with roster changes. If this is the case, Yahoo needs to fix it as this is a terrible loophole. I know 100% for sure that any adjustments made to the roster show up in the transaction log, but I guess I need to try to edit my starting lineup during the games to test if this is true or not.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mcgheepoops » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:58 pm

Goody wrote:
Bwanna wrote:

I stand corrected. Every move I have ever made as a commissioner has shown up in the transaction log. I just assumed this would be the case with roster changes. If this is the case, Yahoo needs to fix it as this is a terrible loophole. I know 100% for sure that any adjustments made to the roster show up in the transaction log, but I guess I need to try to edit my starting lineup during the games to test if this is true or not.

The way you are talking makes you seem like the kind of person that would cheat. I bet you are a commisioner right now, and probably in first place. I caught my commish stealing players this year so it wouldnt surprise me.
mcgheepoops
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bwanna » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:57 pm

mcgheepoops wrote:The way you are talking makes you seem like the kind of person that would cheat. I bet you are a commisioner right now, and probably in first place. I caught my commish stealing players this year so it wouldnt surprise me.

^ totally uncalled for and inappropriate.
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mcgheepoops » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:05 am

Bwanna wrote:
mcgheepoops wrote:The way you are talking makes you seem like the kind of person that would cheat. I bet you are a commisioner right now, and probably in first place. I caught my commish stealing players this year so it wouldnt surprise me.

I was talking about Goody, no one else, he just looks suspicious. You cant deny that.
mcgheepoops
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Goody » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:23 pm

mcgheepoops wrote:
Bwanna wrote:

I was talking about Goody, no one else, he just looks suspicious. You cant deny that.

I am suspicous and cheat all the time!!! Isn't that the point of being a commisioner....to dictate??

I assume you are the type of person who chooses to read a book or watch a movie based on the cover! Get back to watching the notebook, I am sure it is your favorite! :-b

Nice first post!
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:13 pm

Happy Holidays... things are quiet around here today, so I put some time aside and fixed this. Clearly a bit late for this year, but better late than never. Starting next season, if a commissioner changes any lineup after the roster deadline, a transaction should be recorded in the league transactions, so it will be visible to other managers.

And thanks to Bwanna for reminding me when I had a few minutes to address the problem.

(and it was very tempting not to mention I'd done this, as I could almost hear the gasps of horror when some commissioner tried this stunt again and realized it was posted for the world to see. Hopefully I'll still hear a few of these gasps from afar...)
Fantasy Sports Genie
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Bwanna » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:01 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Happy Holidays... things are quiet around here today, so I put some time aside and fixed this. Clearly a bit late for this year, but better late than never. Starting next season, if a commissioner changes any lineup after the roster deadline, a transaction should be recorded in the league transactions, so it will be visible to other managers.

And thanks to Bwanna for reminding me when I had a few minutes to address the problem.

(and it was very tempting not to mention I'd done this, as I could almost hear the gasps of horror when some commissioner tried this stunt again and realized it was posted for the world to see. Hopefully I'll still hear a few of these gasps from afar...)

Ha! Fantastic... thanks, man.
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner