I think my commish abused his power... what do u think?q - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

I think my commish abused his power... what do u think?q

Moderator: Football Moderators

I think my commish abused his power... what do u think?q

Postby yankeekd25 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:26 am

I offered Roy Williams, Dwayne Bowe, and Justin Fargas for Randy Moss. All of those guys combined are producing equal (maybe more) to what Moss is doing.

According to my league stats:
Williams on the year: 719yards 5 td= 106 pts
Bowe: 668, 4 td 97 pts
Fargas: 578 and a td in like 3 games. 80

Total: 283
Moss: 223.

My trade went through, but people in my league started crying to the commish. He then ripped Moss off of my team, put him back on his original team, and locked out my trading partner from doing anything from the league. Two questions ? Does he have any legit right to do either of these? Anything I can do besides curse him out haha?
yankeekd25
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I think my commish abused his power... what do u think?q

Postby mothaudio » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:51 pm

Why would he trade Moss to begin with? But to answer your question. Who oversees trades? I'm assuming he does rather than league vote. If that's teh acse he should have stood by his decision and said "tough" to the league. Why have rules if you're noy going to follow them. But if he did take a league vote then he should have just voided the trade and put all the players back. Doing that ould be "lame" but doing what he did is called "cheating". And why would he lock anyone out? Proposing "crazy trades" [which this wasn't] isn't rules for displine. You can propose anything you want getting someone to gree to it another thing. But either way your league rules on trades someone let the trade go through. If there was a problem someone should ahve said something before the deadline. If they were asleep at the wheel then too bad on them. I would quit that league. Stupid, cheating commish and cry baby owners.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby doggie62 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:37 am

Total: 283
Moss: 223.

Combined total does not mean squat ..........
How could this trade possibly help the Moss owner ?? I dont have to see his roster to know that it cant ......Fargas is an inprovement on his RB's neither WR is close to Moss ??

That said - there is no law against stupidity ............

Do the others think there is collusion with you and the other mamager ??
Are you his brother and is he out of the playoffs ??

A Dumb trade is no reason for a veto ..........but if they think you scamming them - maybe.
doggie62
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SirGrotius » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:26 am

Veto should be used for collusion and/or some obvious "dumping" by a non-playoff team to a playoff team. This is just a case of you getting quality over quantity (always better). The commish bowed to other teams' pressure, which is the first reason commish's should be the one's decided if trades are fair. Sorry, but you got short changed here.
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Motown Blues » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:01 pm

This dude should NOT be a commissioner. Gives us all a bad name.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Goody » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:59 pm

Motown Blues wrote:This dude should NOT be a commissioner. Gives us all a bad name.

I agree, but we don't have all of the facts here. We can't be so quick to claim shenanigans.

What is your record? What is the other teams record?

What is your relationship with the person you are trading with? Siblings, friends, co-workers, don't know eachother, etc.

What are the rosters of the 2 teams?

These are all important in determining if their is some sort of collusion. Based on the simple facts given, that trade is obviously stupid, but trades CANNOT be vetoed on stupidity alone. We need more information to give the most educated answer.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner