Kolby Smith - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kolby Smith

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kolby Smith

Postby uncabomb » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:42 am

Imagine being a rookie, watching one of the best backs (with an o line) in the league. He goes down and Kolby's now second to Priest Holmes, another superb back in the nfl. Quite a pedigree of KC running backs to follow up. Knowing he's a rookie and this could very well be his only time to shine until LJ comes back next year, I'd imagine he lights it up to make a statement about his abilities. My expectations are tempered but here's to hoping they saw in him what they saw in lj and priest. Think he'll bring his game face, esp against oakland? and then the rest of the season?
uncabomb
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kolby Smith

Postby Guru13 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:06 am

maybe, that lines not in the best shape and as mentioned he's a rookie, not exactly a recipe for success, but that doesn't mean that he won't play well, I don't have the roster space right now but if I did I'd take a shot at him for sure.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ampant » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:13 am

What is it that you think they saw? 'Cause it looks to me like they saw a 3rd-string back, who wasn't even fit to share carries with a 36-year old, underperforming 2nd-stringer coming back off a career-ending neck injury.

I mean, Edwards was talking about how Kolby and Priest would share carries, and the he got 2 carries to Priest's 20 carries. If they saw something in him, you think they would have given him more opportunities, especially with Priest's last scare with his neck injury.

He's the RB equivalent of the fat ugly chick somebody makes out it with when they are drunk and horny because nobody else is avaible or interested. The Chiefs are feeling the need, but don't have any other options . . . "of course I think you're pretty, Kolby."

I'm not saying he can't have a good game . . . just that I don't see anything in Herm Edwards' actions that speak of any special confidence in him.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby uncabomb » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:02 pm

they drafted him...he made the roster...he has to do something...priest was an undrafted rb when he got picked up by the kc chiefs...ryan grant came out of no where...after morency, after bjax, after wynn...i'm saying it happens and knowing that he could very well have only this chance to shine right now considering lj is down...and also, you don't think there was a little bit of a homage to priest since he was their stud back for so many years... i think they thought he deserved the chance and plus, i'm sure publicity played a role in there decision...how marketable would have it been to have a guy like priest come back and do well...he was given the chance
uncabomb
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:03 pm

I don't know how well Kolby will do, but I do know that there is nowhere else I can turn to get a starting RB this time of year. Who knows what can happen, the Raiders aren't exactly a good run D and if the Broncos can have Kiddie Litter come off the bench and run for 100 maybe Kolby can manage 50 and a touch.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby uncabomb » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:36 pm

granted it was against the worst run def. in the league but i think that its a good sign that he got 31 carries for 150 yards and KC believes in him...or else that wouldn't have handed him the ball that much...wonder what he'll do against the average def...but for gods sake...he's a sell high
uncabomb
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:52 pm

I know it's only 1 game, but does Smith now do what LJ did when Priest went down with an injury?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby uncabomb » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:07 pm

he won't take over LJ's position...first off, LJ just signed a big contract with KC, so he WILL play when he's healthy. LJ took priests position bc priest was old just took off...the only thing that might happen is if kolby ends up producing or doing well, they might not LJ back...and that also depends on if they are in playoff contention
uncabomb
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk