How many Lions would start on N.E.?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

How many Lions would start on N.E.??

Moderator: Football Moderators

How many Lions would start on N.E.??

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:33 am

I was thinking this morning about how many Lions would start on other teams and then i started thinking about how many Lions would start on New England right now. I know its pointless but still lol.

1. Roy Williams- Moved to second behind Moss unless they want a speedster and lets hope thats not the case cause hes not taking Welkers slot spot.

2. Shaun Rogers- Although hed have to stay on the field im sure

3. D White- Yeah i think hes good

Is there anyone that i missed??
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How many Lions would start on N.E.??

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:31 am

Kevin Jones would be their starting RB.
Hanson > Gostkowski
Id like to think Sims would crack thier LB corps, but nah - thats a stacked group.
Calvin Johnson would replace Gaffney in NE's 4 wide sets.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:54 pm

Would the Patriots put up with the antics of Big Fatty? I don't think so. They can cure a Moss becuase he has skills and an ego to be the best. Big Fatty has skills, but most of them are for eating and he only desires to get paid. I don't think they would want his kind of cancer on their team/
D White perhaps. We now have to wonder at his durability, but he looked pretty darn good when he was healthy.
Sims, no chance. He is too small and makes too many plays downfield. And their LB corps are real good.

On offence, Kitna could be their starting QB. At least then he could make his proclimation of 10 wins come true. :-b
Roy should be able to start there, but one has to wonder how he would take be third behind Welker? In Welker the Pats already have a first down maker. And they do like their WRs to score TDs.
Calvin? How could he not, yet who would he bump? Crap he can't even beat out McDonald and Furrey here. Plus the Patriots like their WRs to do something the Lions don't seem to kin: get open downfield. I would love to have seen Cal in their pass schemes or even in GB. Imagine him catching a ball 20-40 yards downfield and in stride.
Goskowski is more proven outside and has a better future than Hanson so Hanson wouldn't make it.
KJ is a slower, weaker Maroney. Tough, but not sure he'd make it there either.

This is sort of a poor exercise, though, when you consider how many players off of any teams would make their roster.
The one thing we do know is that if the Lions were to have to try and win jobs in New England they would have to compete a lot harder than they do now.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:43 pm

I guess you are right about Hanson. He would start there. But KJ overy Maroney? I dont know, i guess but its still close. The thing is is that N.E. RB basically all they do is pass block. And KJ is hardly great at that. Now im sounding like im just argueing with you. I say that thats a tie between Maroney and KJ
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:51 am

Kevin Jones is better than Maroney.

Mooch - Maroney is faster than KJ? What are you talking about? KJ is one of the faster RBs in the league. We may not see it because of the blocking, but he is obviously faster than Maroney. Maroney is probably stronger though. Add in KJ's ability to catch, and I think he would easily start over Maroney.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:33 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Kevin Jones is better than Maroney.

Mooch - Maroney is faster than KJ? What are you talking about? KJ is one of the faster RBs in the league. We may not see it because of the blocking, but he is obviously faster than Maroney. Maroney is probably stronger though. Add in KJ's ability to catch, and I think he would easily start over Maroney.

I might have mis-typed when I wrote that, but KJ is not fast man. What I meant is that KJ is too slow and lacks elusiveness to be ranked any higher than a Maroney. Just look at KJ's longest run-34 yards. That says no speed to me. KJ is not just better, IMO, than KJ becuase he is a stronger runner and may be faster than KJ. I think the Pats have messed him up bad this year, leading to indecisiveness that kills RBs. Maroney on the Lions would do better than KJ.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:30 pm

Im just talking about actual measurables here mooch. KJ ran a 4.33 40 coming out of college. Maroney ran a 4.5 40. The two of them are almost identical in size.

The problem is perception and reality are not in line. We rarely ever get to see how fast KJ is due to a poor oline. He is indecisive in the backfield, but he is actually quite fast once he hits the hole. Dont get into the habit of quoting game statistics because they truly dont mean all that much IMO - all they do is show what happened given a set of circumstances - not a measure of talent/ability.

Maroney isnt as indecisive as KJ, but he also isnt as good at catching or blocking either. I guess you can call it a push, but I doubt you could convince me that Maroney is better.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:30 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Im just talking about actual measurables here mooch. KJ ran a 4.33 40 coming out of college. Maroney ran a 4.5 40. The two of them are almost identical in size.

The problem is perception and reality are not in line. We rarely ever get to see how fast KJ is due to a poor oline. He is indecisive in the backfield, but he is actually quite fast once he hits the hole. Dont get into the habit of quoting game statistics because they truly dont mean all that much IMO - all they do is show what happened given a set of circumstances - not a measure of talent/ability.

Maroney isnt as indecisive as KJ, but he also isnt as good at catching or blocking either. I guess you can call it a push, but I doubt you could convince me that Maroney is better.

Geez CBM, when is the last time I was able to convince you of anything? :-D
Hey, I didn't know what the times were, but I do know that KJ looks a lot slower than a 4.33 now. I really think that Maroney is a much stronger runner based on what I can recall from his daze in Minnesota. Conversely KJ never ran with that much power at Va Tech, as I recall. The only reason I bring up the 34 yard run stat is that if KJ had speed he'd broke open and taken one to the house from over 50. I really thought your rebuttal to that would be that Maroney's longest run is only 31 yards :-b So I agree to a push here. Beauty is in the eye, eh?
And I really do think that the Patriots move to the pass has left Maroney in the lurch. He is a much better RB than he has shown, methinks.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:18 pm

Yeah its very hard to get a read on either guy as neither are used...ever. Only thing is that the Pats dont need him. All this time we have had KJ i still dont know what we have in him. I have seen good things when we use him but for some reason we just dont. He has seen 20 carries once this year and got 100 yards in that game.....HELLOOO
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigken117 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:41 pm

That's a tough one...Ellis Hobbs is awful. Are Wilson or Bryant competent? I don't get many Lions games out here, but looking at the numbers, I'd say no.

If they had Roy Williams in Stallworth's role, ooh boy. Stallworth's made some nice plays after the catch, but flubbed some basics.

That's it though. It's more a credit to the Pats than a detriment to the Lions. They have some decent DL, but the Pats are stacked up front. I have high hopes for Sims, but the Pats vets play the system so well. On running plays, I like Maroney more than Jones. On passing plays, Faulk knows the system well though Jones is more skilled.
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Detroit Lions