Start / Sit Thoughts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Start / Sit Thoughts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Start / Sit Poll !!!!!!

Postby Cameron's Crushers » Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:36 am

Guys what a great find this website is! CBS SPortsline and TSN message boards both went down this week...and I have been on the lookout for a replacement.

FYI, I would gladly Paypal a $5.00 donation to keep you guys in the gravy for a while.
Cameron's Crushers

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:52 am

Yes Cam,it is a nice place isn't it.Hope you stick around when your other boards are back up.Take all other FF forums,put'em together & you might come close to the Cafe.

Send donations to mailto:Guttpupp@gimmeyomoney.net

...nah,just playin'.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DaKnife » Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:56 pm

Welcome aboard Cam, Yes, this is a very cool place with cool people runnin it, you will enjoy yourself here.
if you have any questions or suggestions, these guys will be all over it..
QB- Manning,Carr,Roethlisberger
RB-C-Martin, M Pittman, Cedric Benson, Ricky Williams
WR-Antwan Randle El ,T.O., J Porter, Rod Smith, K McCardell
K-J Elam, O Mare
D- Den, Atl

Keeper/Cap league/ 10 teams
PLAY; 1 QB, 2 RB'S, 3 WR'S, 1 K, 1 D
DaKnife
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Innovative Member
Location: Minnesota;...................... From No. Ca. coast (brrrrrrr)

Postby kashikis » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:40 am

I'm glad to see we are getting such awesome responses from you guys about the site. I really do think that the Cafe is the best and it only keeps getting better. The main reason fo rthis is you guys keep coming up with great suggestions and always respond to the questions we ask you guys.

Keep the suggestions coming and the Cafe will keep dishin out bone-crushing hits to destroy the competition!!!

Welcome aboard Cam
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Petey » Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:27 pm

Maybe you guys could list the stats from the prior week's start/sit list. In week 11 show the week 10 picks and how they performed. Just a thought.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby kashikis » Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:54 pm

That is a neat idea ive seen it done on several sites. We'll toss the idea around a bit and see what happens.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Clockerq » Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:17 pm

couldn't find the poll on the cafe homepage,,but my 2 cents says the later the better,,,you just can't tell by thursday what a players status is,,,especially this time of year when most rb's are really banged up. i'd say friday am would allow for the latest news to be evaluated and it still gives you a day and a half to put your lineup in.
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Arlo » Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:53 am

I like petey's idea, but I'm not sure it's viable. Scheduling for the Start/Sit column is already extremely tight. To go from initial research and player selection to the actual writing to editing and finally going live on time is already a close shave... if we added a comprehensive analysis of the previous week, the entire column would be held back.

We'll see if we can figure something out here, but I can't make any promises. :-)

The poll has ended, with Thursday being the top vote-getter. The poll was actually entertaining to follow: on Wednesday the Wednesday option would go up, on Thursday folks would vote for Thursday, and so on. It was like watching the poll do the wave...

(I guess we ought to take "Poll" out of this thread's title now - thanks for pointing this out, clockerq)

For now, we're shooting for Thursday evening as a target time, but there will be weeks when Start/Sit will be pushed to Friday morning. Any further feedback is certainly greatly appreciated, and additional changes may be made. Thanks!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tragic » Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:17 pm

I agree with Wed. night
Tragic

Postby Dude » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:39 pm

Personally, I am usually too busy during the week and wait till Friday to look at football stuff. Yes, I am one of those that gets burned by Thursday night games (@#$%&, there was a game last night?), but I did somehow manage to make it to the big dance this year (small miracle and a lucky midseason pickup of Lav Coles).

Anyway, it gives me something to do at work on Friday when I really slack looking forward to the weekend (Umm, yeah, I'll get that to you on Monday). I wouldn't complain if you made the columns a little more in-depth, either. I have used another site all year, and they do a pretty good job on the start/sit stuff. The forums on this site are the bomb, though. I just wish I would have known about this site earlier, as I just found it on Friday.
Dude

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk