Sean Taylor Shot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sean Taylor Shot

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sean Taylor Shot

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:34 pm

He hires one of these guys to do yard work ... the brother of another was dating his sister ... and they kill him??? You have to figure that one or two of these guys will get a slap on the wrist (comparatively) for testifying against the shooter, but I'd fry 'em all and let God sort them out. I think Florida repealed the death sentence, though, so basically we all get to pay for these guys to get their Masters Degrees in Crime so they can get away with more when they get out.

Death, restitution, and torture---the only three punishments we need. Abolish the prison system, which only creates better criminals.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am

DraftDodger wrote:He hires one of these guys to do yard work ... the brother of another was dating his sister ... and they kill him??? You have to figure that one or two of these guys will get a slap on the wrist (comparatively) for testifying against the shooter, but I'd fry 'em all and let God sort them out. I think Florida repealed the death sentence, though, so basically we all get to pay for these guys to get their Masters Degrees in Crime so they can get away with more when they get out.

Death, restitution, and torture---the only three punishments we need. Abolish the prison system, which only creates better criminals.

First Florida did not repeal the DP

Second if they did they would get LIFE with no Parol so they would never get out.

I would debate the rest of what you said about the prison system, but its not worth it here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was really cool to see them play defense with only 10 guys, it was spine tingling
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:24 pm

If the culpirts did not expect anyone to be home, then they had no need to be carrying guns to commit a simple breakin - the fact they were carrying guns says to me they were prepared to use deadly force if confronted. These are simply low-life scum, parasites in society who contribute nothing but only take. They abrogated Sean Taylor's constitutional right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and as such as far as I'm concerned they forfeit all their rights on this planet - they should just be taken out and shot and pi**ed on and thrown in the nearest landfill site (I know some are gonna scream about their right to a fair trial, but I don't have a lot of faith in the modern, bastardized justice we now have in both our countries - it was designed to ensure that an accused person gets a fair trial by our founding fathers, but instead has degenerated into a system whereby defence lawyers attempt to get guilty men off scot free by legal loopholes, false evidence and chicanery).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Lordrevolution » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:51 pm

I don't want to sound like a nut job, but does this smell like BS to anyone else? First reports have two previous break ins with nothing stolen, and a knife left on Taylor's bed. Now it's four random kids who were just attempting burglary, who didn't steal any of the expensive electronic stuff I'm sure a rich guy like Taylor had in his living room and areas that he wasn't possibly sleeping in, who just get lucky enough to hit an artery in the groin/leg area to kill him, despite expecting him not to be there.
And you know most of them are going to be out with reduced sentences because they'll testify against each other. I say watch, in how ever many years it takes for these guys who're getting reduced to get out, they'll be leaving the country soon enough and retiring early to some money held in an offshore bank account somewhere.
Lordrevolution
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:52 pm

stomperrob wrote:If the culpirts did not expect anyone to be home, then they had no need to be carrying guns to commit a simple breakin - the fact they were carrying guns says to me they were prepared to use deadly force if confronted. These are simply low-life scum, parasites in society who contribute nothing but only take. They abrogated Sean Taylor's constitutional right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and as such as far as I'm concerned they forfeit all their rights on this planet - they should just be taken out and shot and pi**ed on and thrown in the nearest landfill site (I know some are gonna scream about their right to a fair trial, but I don't have a lot of faith in the modern, bastardized justice we now have in both our countries - it was designed to ensure that an accused person gets a fair trial by our founding fathers, but instead has degenerated into a system whereby defence lawyers attempt to get guilty men off scot free by legal loopholes, false evidence and chicanery).

I have no idea what chicanery means but otherwise, I agree with you totally.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:14 pm

Chicanery
1. Deception by trickery or sophistry.
2. A trick; a subterfuge.

A cool word that isn't used enough. B-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:32 pm

How can he enter a plea deal??? What would he have to offer?

MIAMI -- An attorney for the 17-year-old accused gunman in the killing of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor said Wednesday he wants to work with prosecutors to resolve the case.

Accused shooter Eric Rivera is admitting no wrongdoing in the case yet but wants to talk to prosecutors about a plea deal.

Sawyer Smith, who along with his father, Wilbur, is representing Eric Rivera, said his client was admitting no wrongdoing yet.

"When the State Attorney's Office is ready, we would like to sit down and begin discussion with them so we can move towards a resolution in the case that has the best interest of all parties in mind," Smith said. "We want to minimize the impact of case resolution on the Taylor family and find a result that's in the best interest of justice."

Smith added: "Plea negotiations are typical in criminal cases. However, we don't know when or if that will occur."

Circuit Judge John Thornton Jr. denied Rivera bail Wednesday in his brief appearance via videoconference in a Miami-Dade County courtroom. His three co-defendants were denied bail a day earlier.

All four -- Rivera; Charles Wardlow, 18; Jason Mitchell, 19; and Venjah Hunte, 20 -- have been charged with first-degree felony murder and armed burglary. Their arraignments are this month.

Taylor died Nov. 27, a day after he was shot in the bedroom of his home. Police have said the 24-year-old player was a victim of a botched burglary.

Smith said he was happy Rivera had been moved to Miami and had his first appearance in court. He said he understood it would most likely be some time before prosecutors would speak with him.

"When they're ready and in a position to discuss this case with us, we're looking forward to that day," Smith said.

Wardlow's attorney, David Brener, distanced his client's actions from those of Rivera and said he expected to go to trial.

"I believe that the acts of Mr. Rivera, who was the shooter of this case, constitute an independent act," Brener said Wednesday. "My client never contemplated that Mr. Rivera was going to arm himself or use lethal force against Mr. Taylor."

Smith said the defense attorneys in the case have a history of working together, but he said he understood the grand jury's identification of his client as the alleged gunman puts him in a unique position.

"The other boys may be in a position to separate themselves somewhat from our client," he said. "However, under the felony murder rule, if it can be shown that they're involved in it, if they're involved in the burglary, then it's not a defense that they were not the one that pulled the trigger."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3142511
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby moochman » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:37 am

stomperrob wrote:If the culpirts did not expect anyone to be home, then they had no need to be carrying guns to commit a simple breakin - the fact they were carrying guns says to me they were prepared to use deadly force if confronted. These are simply low-life scum, parasites in society who contribute nothing but only take. They abrogated Sean Taylor's constitutional right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and as such as far as I'm concerned they forfeit all their rights on this planet - they should just be taken out and shot and pi**ed on and thrown in the nearest landfill site (I know some are gonna scream about their right to a fair trial, but I don't have a lot of faith in the modern, bastardized justice we now have in both our countries - it was designed to ensure that an accused person gets a fair trial by our founding fathers, but instead has degenerated into a system whereby defence lawyers attempt to get guilty men off scot free by legal loopholes, false evidence and chicanery).

But how do you really feel? :-D

It's entirely possible that they always carried weapons with them, or at least when they went stealin'. It is also likely that they didn't expect Taylor to either be there or come after them with a machette. It is also possible that the kid was scared and shot him as a result. Doesn't change much in the legal system, but they probably had no intention of hurting anyone.
As for taking them out and shooting and tossing into the local landfill consider that had Sean Taylor not had football he may very well have been one of them.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk