Sean Taylor Shot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sean Taylor Shot

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sean Taylor Shot

Postby biju » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:19 pm

SkinSFan22 wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:
SkinSFan22 wrote:You've gotta be kidding me. I browsed this thread for merely a few seconds and that was just enough time to see some comments I did not want to see. I am completely disgusted by a couple of you guys, a player gets shot, is in critical condition, then passes away and instead of showing the least bit of sympathy, you go and make a joke or two - like that's appropriate by any means. I don't even know what to say, quite frankly I'm just appalled and I don't think I'll be coming back here in the near-distant future (not saying that I have been around much this year, but I think you get my drift).

By my count, there has only been one person that has been out of line with their posts in this thread. As expected all others have been respectful and thoughtful towards this tragic event. Maybe you should take a little more time to read each post before you go lumping everyone into the same category....

So Pmoney you want to get on my back with this? Well actually, I'm counting 3 posts by 3 different posters that I find highly offensive. The posters are: slow pitch, delorian00, and twisted sister. I don't know about you, but by using common addition, that adds up to 3, I don't know where you got that there was only 1 out-of-line post. My advice: maybe YOU should take a little more time to read each post...

I know nobody asked my opinion but I'll share it anyway.

If you give attention to those who will seek it by any means, it only justifies their actions in their minds. Let's not focus on the childish behavior of a few, but rather on the life lost and maybe think about what we can do in our own lives to make things better.

I, for one, intend to donate money and/or time to a local "at risk" youth organization in hopes that moving kids off the streets where they meet these derelicts helps future generations. It's a lofty goal since I don't necessarily do these kinds of things, but I think it's important.

RIP Sean Taylor :,-(
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:40 pm

biju wrote:I know nobody asked my opinion but I'll share it anyway.

If you give attention to those who will seek it by any means, it only justifies their actions in their minds. Let's not focus on the childish behavior of a few, but rather on the life lost and maybe think about what we can do in our own lives to make things better.

I, for one, intend to donate money and/or time to a local "at risk" youth organization in hopes that moving kids off the streets where they meet these derelicts helps future generations. It's a lofty goal since I don't necessarily do these kinds of things, but I think it's important.

RIP Sean Taylor :,-(

Very well said biju. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:23 pm

SkinSFan22 wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:
SkinSFan22 wrote:You've gotta be kidding me. I browsed this thread for merely a few seconds and that was just enough time to see some comments I did not want to see. I am completely disgusted by a couple of you guys, a player gets shot, is in critical condition, then passes away and instead of showing the least bit of sympathy, you go and make a joke or two - like that's appropriate by any means. I don't even know what to say, quite frankly I'm just appalled and I don't think I'll be coming back here in the near-distant future (not saying that I have been around much this year, but I think you get my drift).

By my count, there has only been one person that has been out of line with their posts in this thread. As expected all others have been respectful and thoughtful towards this tragic event. Maybe you should take a little more time to read each post before you go lumping everyone into the same category....

So Pmoney you want to get on my back with this? Well actually, I'm counting 3 posts by 3 different posters that I find highly offensive. The posters are: slow pitch, delorian00, and twisted sister. I don't know about you, but by using common addition, that adds up to 3, I don't know where you got that there was only 1 out-of-line post. My advice: maybe YOU should take a little more time to read each post...

So instead of coming in here to give you're condolences and share you're thoughts you'd rather direct attention to yourself and call people out. Alright, to each his own...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:11 pm

Sheesh Pmoney do you always try to get the last word? Let it rest, what did SkinSFan ever do to you?

:-?

Frankly I'm disgusted by both of you for cluttering up this tragic thread with pointless banter. Is it too much to ask we keep this thread in memory of Sean Taylor and leave the hissy fits you guys want to have out of this thread?
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:24 pm

SniperShot wrote:Sheesh Pmoney do you always try to get the last word? Let it rest, what did SkinSFan ever do to you?

:-?

Frankly I'm disgusted by both of you for cluttering up this tragic thread with pointless banter. Is it too much to ask we keep this thread in memory of Sean Taylor and leave the hissy fits you guys want to have out of this thread?

Little bit of a hypocritical post don't you think? :-?
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:43 pm

Guys, cool it. It would be a shame if a thread honoring the memory of a young, talented athlete was locked because of pointless bickering. If you can't resolve your dispute here, do it via PM or just drop it.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SkinSFan22 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:53 pm

I would just like to share my favorite picture of Sean Taylor. This is my favorite because: 1. it is a fantastic action shot and 2. this play lives vividly in my mind. Although this picture was taken on Jan 1, 2006, I have a pretty clear memory of it. True, I don't remember most of the game, but I remember the play that counts, and my favorite Sean Taylor moment seen on television. You see, since I live in NY, Redskins games have been on sparingly--in reality I would like to view every single one of them. This game was the final regular season game for the Redskins-Eagles, the Redskins being winners of four straight. If they won this game, they would make the playoffs. As noted above, although my recollection of this game isn't perfect, I remember the Sean Taylor interception. As soon as he caught it I jumped up, but kept on watching as he went on to score, adding a dive at the end. I remember feeling like I was on the top of the world, cloud 9, I was soooo happy. God knows how many times I jumped around my house, and also as a result of the game, my voice was hoarse for a day. Sean Taylor sealed the playoffs for us that game (and made our season complete). I will always remember that dive, and that feeling of greatness and perfection. Memories can never be taken away from us, that's why we have them to revisit the good and positive things that define who we are. Thank you Sean Taylor for all the memories, you will never be forgotten. Rest In Peace.

SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:06 pm

Great post SkinSFan22. I watched the play on RedskinsNation just a couple minutes ago and choked up. I'm honestly still in denial of the whole deal. The game on Sunday vs the Bills is going to be quite something.

:,-(

There's rumors of Portis wearing a #21 jersey in memory of Taylor, also the Redskins might play the first defensive play with only 10 men on the field... That would be quite something as well, again these are just rumors floating around ES but both would be quite compelling things to see on Sunday.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:15 pm

SniperShot wrote:Great post SkinSFan22. I watched the play on RedskinsNation just a couple minutes ago and choked up. I'm honestly still in denial of the whole deal. The game on Sunday vs the Bills is going to be quite something.

There's rumors of Portis wearing a #21 jersey in memory of Taylor, also the Redskins might play the first defensive play with only 10 men on the field... That would be quite something as well, again these are just rumors floating around ES but both would be quite compelling things to see on Sunday.

I heard the Portis rumor floating around my school in southern Maryland, but not the 10 men on the field one. That would be an incredible tribute.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:16 pm

SniperShot wrote:Great post SkinSFan22. I watched the play on RedskinsNation just a couple minutes ago and choked up. I'm honestly still in denial of the whole deal. The game on Sunday vs the Bills is going to be quite something.

That would be amazing if both of those things happened. All I know is Portis and his U boys are going to mess some people up (not trying to make a joke of this death, Taylor was my favorite NFL Player ever since he entered the league and throughout college I loved to watch him). On Facebook I created a group of Sean Taylor R.I.P which I think is actually pretty good. This video I also saw of him is amazing. It's called Sean Taylors Highlights most of them are from 2005, but I think it is quite a show to watch.

http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/497594/ ... lights.swf
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk