Sean Taylor Shot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sean Taylor Shot

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sean Taylor Shot

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:18 pm

SniperShot wrote:...also the Redskins might play the first defensive play with only 10 men on the field... That would be quite something as well, again these are just rumors floating around ES but both would be quite compelling things to see on Sunday.

That would be awesome, I really hope they decide to do that. Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be a touching game to watch.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:39 pm

SniperShot wrote:Great post SkinSFan22. I watched the play on RedskinsNation just a couple minutes ago and choked up. I'm honestly still in denial of the whole deal. The game on Sunday vs the Bills is going to be quite something.

:,-(

There's rumors of Portis wearing a #21 jersey in memory of Taylor, also the Redskins might play the first defensive play with only 10 men on the field... That would be quite something as well, again these are just rumors floating around ES but both would be quite compelling things to see on Sunday.

I read the one about lining the 21 yard line instead of the 20...I liked that one
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Manja » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:19 pm

FatFoot wrote:It doesn't sound "like a hit" to me, because who has ever heard of someone sending someone to shoot you in the leg/groin?

Not to go out of topic or anything, but any damage to the femoral artery will cause you to bleed out in a matter of minutes. It's amazing that he was able to last this long under the circumstances.

Being a Cowboys fan, I always despised Taylor. But, I cannot feel anything but empathy to his family and friends. It's nice to know that he had turned his life around, and hopefully his daughter will grow up to be a fine person.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:21 pm

tmz.com wrote:Andy Garcia is hailing NFL star Sean Taylor as a "hero" who lost his life trying to protect Andy's niece Jackie, who was Taylor's girlfriend and the mother of their baby. Yes-- that Andy Garcia.
Garcia tells the Miami Herald that Taylor's "heroic action" saved Jackie and daughter, also named Jackie, and called the incident "a testament to his humanity and courage." Taylor was shot when he grabbed a machete to confront an intruder, while Jackie Garcia reportedly hid in the bedroom with the 18-month-old baby. Until now, Andy and his family had not given any public comment on the killing.

"We will always remember him as a caring and loving individual, especially to his new family," says Andy. The couple met at Gulliver Prep School in Miami-Dade county.

interesting. has this been posted yet?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:34 pm

Sean Taylor-DB-Redskins Nov. 30 - 12:53 pm et

Miami-Dade police have detained three men for questioning in connection with the murder of Redskins S Sean Taylor.

Two teenagers and a man in his 20s from the Fort Myers area are believed to have information about the shooting. It's not known whether they are actual suspects, but it appears police no longer think the act was random.
Source: Miami Herald
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:34 pm

Sean Taylor-DB-Redskins Nov. 30 - 12:53 pm et

Miami-Dade police have detained three men for questioning in connection with the murder of Redskins S Sean Taylor.

Two teenagers and a man in his 20s from the Fort Myers area are believed to have information about the shooting. It's not known whether they are actual suspects, but it appears police no longer think the act was random.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:48 pm

Sean Taylor-DB-Redskins Nov. 30 - 7:11 pm et

Miami-Dade investigators believe some of the young men that were detained for questioning in connection with Sean Taylor's death Friday had attended a party at Taylor's home recently.

This just about goes along exactly with what Antrel Rolle has been saying - that Taylor was a marked man and killed by people who knew him. No charges have been filed in the case, and the three man remain in custody.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Santacruzer » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:29 pm

Four arrested in connection with Taylor death

Associated Press

MIAMI -- The Miami-Dade Police Department says it has arrested four people in connection with the shooting death of Washington Redskins football star Sean Taylor.

Miami-Dade police department spokeswoman Linda O'Brien identified the men as: Venjah K. Hunte, 20; Eric Rivera Jr., 17; Jason Scott Mitchell, 17; and Charles Kendrick Lee Wardlow, 18. O'Brien said that the exact charges for each had not yet been determined but "we are talking murder and burglary," she said.

They were arrested Friday in southwest Florida, about 100 miles from Miami. They will be booked into the Lee County Jail and will eventually be returned to Miami, she said. She did not have any information on when they would appear in court or if they had attorneys.

Taylor died Tuesday, one day after being shot at his home in an affluent Miami suburb during what officials said appeared to be an attempted burglary. The suspects weren't expecting Taylor to be home, said police Director Robert Parker said, but Taylor was recuperating from a knee injury and had returned home to Miami from Washington.

"They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone," Parker said. Parker said authorities had more than one confession but would not elaborate.

"We're looking into whether or not one or more of the individuals had been at the residence before," Parker said.

Taylor and longtime girlfriend, Jackie Garcia, were awakened by loud noises at Taylor's home in an affluent Miami suburb, family friend Richard Sharpstein said. Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection, Sharpstein said, then someone broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor in the upper leg. Neither the couple's 18-month-old daughter, also named Jackie, nor Garcia were injured.

The bullet damaged the femoral artery in Taylor's leg, causing significant blood loss. Taylor never regained consciousness and died a little more than 24 hours later.

A public viewing for Taylor is scheduled Sunday in Miami, and the entire Redskins organization plans to fly to Florida to attend Monday's funeral at Pharmed Arena at Florida International University.

The Redskins also announced that fans attending the team's Sunday game will receive a towel with Taylor's No.21 jersey on it and that his name will be displayed prominently in one of the end zones. Team owner Dan Snyder said in a statement the team will contribute a minimum of $500,000 to a fund to benefit Taylor's daughter.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guru13 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:19 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:
SniperShot wrote:...also the Redskins might play the first defensive play with only 10 men on the field... That would be quite something as well, again these are just rumors floating around ES but both would be quite compelling things to see on Sunday.

That would be awesome, I really hope they decide to do that. Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be a touching game to watch.

man I hope they do that, I'm all choked up just thinking about it.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:13 am

I withheld an earlier post about how black on black violence had claimed another young life, as I had no other evidence besides obvious statistics. Jason Whitlock had a great article about it, and now with 4 suspects in custody, it was obviously true. As a whole, why is this such a problem for young black men in America?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk