Where did the wins go? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Where did the wins go?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Where did the wins go?

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:46 am

I have to somewhat agree with CBM, Spree. This team has shown much improvement. Look at the penalties, O-line play, and the reduction in open disharmony in the clubhouse. Even for as poorly as the D has played, it has done better than I expected, given the dearth of talent.
Problem is is that there is that this could very well be the zenith.
I just don't see a few of those little things you need to make a sound football team, like:
Good coaching.
Rod preaches fundamentals that his team doesn't seem to be able to learn. Bad players or bad coaching? (or bad teaching Rod)
They don't come ready to play
The bigger the game the less prepared this team seems to be, total failure to motivate by Rodly. Look at out big games:
Phillie-first 'good' team we played.
Skins-nemesis in a place we never win at.
GB and Minniesoduh. All total embarrassments in which the team was not prepared to rise up and face adversity.
Poor special teams play. Hid behind the mantra of "not going to big plays so we don't have penalties" Until exposed to be a poor tackling, poor lane disciplined team that lack spark
Stoopit game time decisions. Like seeing big kick returns (not addressing a problem we all saw prior to the Cowpies game) and deciding instead to give them the ball at the 35-45 yd line. I still don't get it.
Lack of development of their players. Who stepped up this season? Seriously Who?
Players.
They just don't have them. Personnell decisions have been and continue to be so poor that the team doesn't stand a chance against any team that plays with purpose. What's worse is knowing that so many of the poor players were picked by Rodderick. "5-0" comes right to mind. (5-0 is Rodney's name, becuase he love high-schoolish nicknames, for Aikia Alma-Fraudcis, a second round project who looks to be a flop) Big money spent on losers like Big Tub-O-Goo, Not Redding for Prime Time, and "Rusher' Kalimbo Deadwards help to insure this team won't have enough talent to compete at high levels next year either.
No clear team building philosophy. This is the bottom line with why the Lions suck and will continue to. There is no plan to build a team. Everyone has their own objectives and they seldom act in harmony with other themes. One need look no further that the coaching to see that. A pound the rock head coach who has never been a head coach before and a ex-head coach OC who believes in high risk play. That makes no sense whatsoever.

So we have made progress but with the divisions inside the team, from the owner to the coaches, our glass slipper isn't a play-off run, or even 10 wins Jon, but possibly 6-7 win season. Then it hits midnight and we turn back into sewage.

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions