call of duty 4 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

call of duty 4

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: call of duty 4

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:51 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:i think the big disadvantage when starting out lays more with the lack of perks than the weapons.

Indeed, there's nothing more annoying than playing the wet boat level without the 3 frags perk and getting carpet bombed back to hell without being able to do it back.

HAHAHA... totally agree. I found a pretty safe sweet spot to snipe from.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:01 pm

After playing all the others, COD 4 (PC) is the best multiplayer FPS out there... by far.

Anybody get the golden uzi... getting headshots with all the Sub Machine Guns is going to take FOREVER. Any advice (besides "shoot them in the head").

I'm finishing up getting the Golden sniper (which is obviously the easiest). I start with the best weapon and work my way down (figuring my proficiency in that class of weapons will improve over time -- which will be needed to offset the poorer performing guns).

My kill ratio started out horrible. But now I'm pretty much 4 to 1 per game on any class (except shotgun). A bad game is 2 to 1, a really bad game is 1 to 1.

I haven't really gotten into the 1 kill and your eliminated games... not too fun (everyone hiding and just looking for a small angle to snipe). For some reason, these are the games that count for team competition :-P
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:55 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:
Anybody get the golden uzi... getting headshots with all the Sub Machine Guns is going to take FOREVER. Any advice (besides "shoot them in the head").

I'm finishing up getting the Golden sniper (which is obviously the easiest). I start with the best weapon and work my way down (figuring my proficiency in that class of weapons will improve over time -- which will be needed to offset the poorer performing guns).

well i kept prestiging so i keep losing my weapon stats before i get gold guns, except this last time through when i got the m60e in gold (which is the easiest gun to get gold on IMO....only 3 guns in the class). i actually think getting the gold shotty would be the hardest...it seems random when you get headshots. sometimes i can be pointblank with those things in the back of someones head and it doesnt even give a headshot, then other times ill shoot someone in the leg and it will. :-? !+)

in my experience, the best way to get head shots with the subs have been using stopping power and bandolier. stopping power being essential...these guns take multiple shots even to the head to kill someone (i read it actually takes 2 bullets to the head for most guns besides snipes if the victim has full health). with these weapons equipped, obviously you are better suited for playing in close quater levels like shipment and vacant where you can round corners and be point blank in someones face. now the most important strategy i use with fully auto guns to get head shots is that when you are firing...move the gun back and forth horizontally at head level to the person you are shooting. your accuracy percentage will drop a bit, but you are more likely to kill someone with a head shot than if you were just popping off a few rounds directly at their head...missing...and then them killing you in return. i let the bullets fly and mow back and forth until i hear the "dink" of their helmet, i run out of ammo, or they kill me. :*) !+)

if you want to stay alive for any extended amount of time, the bandolier perk is well spent on this weapon class...seeing as staying alive/ killing more than one person per life is important to me. with the uzis you can burn a whole clip in like 1 second and if there is a second guy you are dead...bandolier gives you enough to at least smoke 2 guys ;-D :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:23 pm

I haven't played CoD4 in like 2 months, not sure why, just haven't, maybe I'll hit it up tonight, as I have no school tomorrow. :-?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:35 am

Been playing it last night and today and it's just as awesome as I remember, we should get some Cafe Team Deathmatch together, that'd be pretty BA.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:21 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Been playing it last night and today and it's just as awesome as I remember, we should get some Cafe Team Deathmatch together, that'd be pretty BA.

For sure. I don't own the game yet but will as soon as I beat Crysis.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:27 pm

Just rented this and will probably be buying it. Once I get my live fixed (if ever :-o ) I'd love to beat up on some cafers. ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:57 pm

Sounds like a bunch of you are playing on Xbox 360... sorry I'm a PC guy. The PC games can get quite big, 50 players... which is awesome if you have a strategy (fodder) ;-D

Wish there were levels beyond 55, as you hit that in about a 20 hours of gameplay (give or take).
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guru13 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:45 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:Sounds like a bunch of you are playing on Xbox 360... sorry I'm a PC guy. The PC games can get quite big, 50 players... which is awesome if you have a strategy (fodder) ;-D

Wish there were levels beyond 55, as you hit that in about a 20 hours of gameplay (give or take).

there's always prestige mode, which I find pretty fun.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:19 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:Sounds like a bunch of you are playing on Xbox 360... sorry I'm a PC guy. The PC games can get quite big, 50 players... which is awesome if you have a strategy (fodder) ;-D

there's always prestige mode, which I find pretty fun.

What is prestige mode? Are you talking about the challenges (like "elite", "humuliation", golden guns)?
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games