call of duty 4 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

call of duty 4

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: call of duty 4

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:49 pm

m16a wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I think what attributes to this is that Call of Duty is easy to pick up for anyone and the ability to kill anyone.

I know exactly what you mean. My friend has prestiged twice(he's in the midst of the third, almost all the way returned) and he is supposedly ranked and playing with guys of his own level. So while he's in the other room getting a snack, I pick up his controller, join a game, play for the first time, see a couple guys first, end up getting 5 kills. My aim was terrible, my gun choice was probably lousy(I was using the M16 with burst fire) and yet first time I score 5 kills. It was a fun game to play, very different from what I play normally(Gears of War and Halo) but that wouldn't happen in Halo 3 or Gears unless the people were just screwing around with the n00b. Fun game, but the multiplayer is just so meh feeling in regards to ranking.

there is no matchmaking in call of duty regarding rank. the highest levels play withthe lowest levels.

and regarding the m16..read the last paragraph of my post 2 above this one. !+) the m16 is considered a cheap n00b weapon. i dont have any respect for people who play with it, unless they are just starting out.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:39 pm

m16a wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I think what attributes to this is that Call of Duty is easy to pick up for anyone and the ability to kill anyone.

I know exactly what you mean. My friend has prestiged twice(he's in the midst of the third, almost all the way returned) and he is supposedly ranked and playing with guys of his own level. So while he's in the other room getting a snack, I pick up his controller, join a game, play for the first time, see a couple guys first, end up getting 5 kills. My aim was terrible, my gun choice was probably lousy(I was using the M16 with burst fire) and yet first time I score 5 kills. It was a fun game to play, very different from what I play normally(Gears of War and Halo) but that wouldn't happen in Halo 3 or Gears unless the people were just screwing around with the n00b. Fun game, but the multiplayer is just so meh feeling in regards to ranking.

If you played with someone decent you would barely be able to move without being killed.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby m16a » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:41 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
there is no matchmaking in call of duty regarding rank. the highest levels play withthe lowest levels.

and regarding the m16..read the last paragraph of my post 2 above this one. !+) the m16 is considered a cheap n00b weapon. i dont have any respect for people who play with it, unless they are just starting out.

Oh, then maybe I bullseyed a few n00bs. Who knows. I picked up the controller and started playing. Didn't do anything except lower sensitivity. Goes to show that I really am a CoD4 n00b considering that I didn't know that and that I had no idea that was a n00b weapon :-b

What an idiot I am. Went back and read deluxe's post and well, there it was about the M16 being a n00b weapon. Dumb me
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby croutonjack » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:45 pm

I wish there was a matchmaking process because I hate going into a room and being on a team with people that are like level 20 on their first prestige and then a party of 6 that are all on level 55 of their 10th prestige and then get completely raped until I have to leave the room...it's just not fair...
croutonjack
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Video Games