call of duty 4 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

call of duty 4

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: call of duty 4

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:24 am

BTW - I think I'm going to play more matches where Friendly Fire on. The only drawback, players tend be MUCH better on these servers.

Seriously, 80-90% of players play with mrtydom perk... it really is annoying. I usually escape it, but is slows down gameplay and forward advances. I've played some FF matches where people use this perk... that is really bad (wasting your own teammates).
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:18 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:Sounds like a bunch of you are playing on Xbox 360... sorry I'm a PC guy. The PC games can get quite big, 50 players... which is awesome if you have a strategy (fodder) ;-D

Wish there were levels beyond 55, as you hit that in about a 20 hours of gameplay (give or take).

there's always prestige mode, which I find pretty fun.

What is prestige mode? Are you talking about the challenges (like "elite", "humuliation", golden guns)?

after you get your level to 55, you have the option of entering "prestige mode", which resets all your weapons and perks back to what you first started with...as long with resetting all your challenges (basically it rests everything except your overall stats). in return you get a shiny new icon next to your name showing you are prestige and can enjoy recompleting challenges and earning everything over again. you can prestige up to ten times.

i think prestige was a great idea to give people that get all the way to the top a chance to start over and regain the fun of earning stuff. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Ok, figured it out... Prestige mode is NOT available for PC... only console. I play PC, hence no prestige mode - which may be a godsend, otherwise I'd waste 1/3 of my life playing this game... :-b :-b :-b
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:56 pm

So I finally beat "one shot one kill" on veteran the other day, the end part, when you're by the ferris wheel is just stupid hard, I've heard that "no fighting in the war room" on veteran is supposed to be almost impossible, which sucks because I don't even wanna think about that ferris wheel part. :-o
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:57 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:So I finally beat "one shot one kill" on veteran the other day, the end part, when you're by the ferris wheel is just stupid hard, I've heard that "no fighting in the war room" on veteran is supposed to be almost impossible, which sucks because I don't even wanna think about that ferris wheel part. :-o

no way man, i thought the ferris wheel part was pretty brutal. its a tossup between it and the war room...but in no way is the war room impossible. there are parts that will make you want to drop kick your tv...but you just basically get to parts where you die so much that you remember where every single guy is and know exactly what you need to do....its just a matter of doing it. the whole war room level is easy except two parts (and yes, those two parts are rediculously hard :-b ) that are right next to each other...a big room you have to clear and a few hallways right after...and you are timed. other than that....its cake. you pretty much just need to be patient because you will die A LOT until you figure out the path you need to take :-D :-o ;-D

good luck dude :-B
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:33 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:So I finally beat "one shot one kill" on veteran the other day, the end part, when you're by the ferris wheel is just stupid hard, I've heard that "no fighting in the war room" on veteran is supposed to be almost impossible, which sucks because I don't even wanna think about that ferris wheel part. :-o

no way man, i thought the ferris wheel part was pretty brutal. its a tossup between it and the war room...but in no way is the war room impossible. there are parts that will make you want to drop kick your tv...but you just basically get to parts where you die so much that you remember where every single guy is and know exactly what you need to do....its just a matter of doing it. the whole war room level is easy except two parts (and yes, those two parts are rediculously hard :-b ) that are right next to each other...a big room you have to clear and a few hallways right after...and you are timed. other than that....its cake. you pretty much just need to be patient because you will die A LOT until you figure out the path you need to take :-D :-o ;-D

Yeah that stupid war room part... I must have done it 50 times or more, as well as the Ferris Wheel part. On hard. I do not have the patience to do it on veteran, no way. That game was probably the best single player FPS I've ever played though. Absolutely stunning game. How many of the secret laptops did everyone find? I only found 2 but I found those 2 at the end of the game and didn't even know to be looking for them. By the way... maybe I'm just a noob and need better perks and guns, but the multi player part of COD4 is ridiculously hard.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guru13 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:35 pm

bagobonez wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:

Yeah that stupid war room part... I must have done it 50 times or more, as well as the Ferris Wheel part. On hard. I do not have the patience to do it on veteran, no way. That game was probably the best single player FPS I've ever played though. Absolutely stunning game. How many of the secret laptops did everyone find? I only found 2 but I found those 2 at the end of the game and didn't even know to be looking for them. By the way... maybe I'm just a noob and need better perks and guns, but the multi player part of COD4 is ridiculously hard.

well first off: multiplayer's freakin' awesome. Secondly: I found 15 pretty much on my own, a friend of mine with cancer (has nothing else to do) can pretty much go through the game blindfolded on Veteran and find everything that most people don't know is there. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:07 pm

Holy crap. This game is amazing. Just played it at my friends for first time. WOW! ;-D ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:08 pm

bagobonez wrote: How many of the secret laptops did everyone find?

i got all of them. took me a couple of times through, then part of a third time to find the very last one. some of those things are hidden pretty well :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bagobonez » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:06 am

I've come to the conclusion that COD4 multiplayer is extremely overrated. Basically what it boils down to is who sees who first. If you see someone before they see you, you win. Of course that's not true 100% of the time, but most of the time it is, as is with all "one shot/one kill" games. If someone gets the drop on you, you're screwed. I understand that's more "realistic" or whatever, but sometimes realistic doesn't always equal fun.

Maybe I'm just spoiled to the best multi player FPS of all time: Team Fortress Classic.

Now there's a fun game! 9 different classes to choose from, and you don't die from one bullet. That's why I like it more than COD4. In this, you actually duel with people. You can go toe to toe, and the person with the best movement, aiming and timing wins. It's not just "oh i saw you first, you die." Call me crazy, but I'm not at all impressed with COD4 multi.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games