call of duty 4 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

call of duty 4

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: call of duty 4

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:43 am

bagobonez wrote:I've come to the conclusion that COD4 multiplayer is extremely overrated. Basically what it boils down to is who sees who first. If you see someone before they see you, you win. Of course that's not true 100% of the time, but most of the time it is, as is with all "one shot/one kill" games. If someone gets the drop on you, you're screwed. I understand that's more "realistic" or whatever, but sometimes realistic doesn't always equal fun.

Maybe I'm just spoiled to the best multi player FPS of all time: Team Fortress Classic.

Now there's a fun game! 9 different classes to choose from, and you don't die from one bullet. That's why I like it more than COD4. In this, you actually duel with people. You can go toe to toe, and the person with the best movement, aiming and timing wins. It's not just "oh i saw you first, you die." Call me crazy, but I'm not at all impressed with COD4 multi.

To each their own, I rarely die from one shot though. You must either be playing hardcore mode or are sniper fodder. In close combat, usually takes a p90 yielding player 3-4 hits to take you down (it's like a bb gun).

You want to have fun? I recently put on shotty w/ UAV jammer & smoke gredades. Smoke, then run through and get behind enemy lines, and WOW what an adrenline rush. You can cause so much havoc it is unbeleivable. Since you have UV jammer, the lazy players pay you no mind unless they visibly see you (IMO the most important perk for most public servers). Surprisingly, I have a 3 to 1 k1ll ratio with the shotty and am usually in the top 1-3 scorers for the round. I always thought it was useless, but there in lies the surprise for my opponents. Close combat, shotty will usually win... even if outnumbered by 2 opponents.

It's a really nice change up and a pure rush ;-D
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:46 pm

bagobonez wrote:I've come to the conclusion that COD4 multiplayer is extremely overrated. Basically what it boils down to is who sees who first. If you see someone before they see you, you win. Of course that's not true 100% of the time, but most of the time it is, as is with all "one shot/one kill" games. If someone gets the drop on you, you're screwed. I understand that's more "realistic" or whatever, but sometimes realistic doesn't always equal fun.

Maybe I'm just spoiled to the best multi player FPS of all time: Team Fortress Classic.

Now there's a fun game! 9 different classes to choose from, and you don't die from one bullet. That's why I like it more than COD4. In this, you actually duel with people. You can go toe to toe, and the person with the best movement, aiming and timing wins. It's not just "oh i saw you first, you die." Call me crazy, but I'm not at all impressed with COD4 multi.

overrated as in the people that awarded it the game of the year, the amount the game sold or the rediculous amounts of people that are still playing the game?

ive seen the stats on the guns and what it actually takes to kill somone and there are very few guns that can kill you in one shot. first of all they need they stoping power perk, you not to have juggernaut...and need to be head shots. the following weapons also need to be used: m14...any sniper...shotgun. thats it (the m16 does it with stopping power, but thats actually a 3 shot burst). most guns take multiple shots even to the head so im not quite sure where you come up with the one shot kill thing unless TS was right and you are playing hardcore.

team fortress may be a great game...but its ruined by a community of eliteists. no thanks.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:41 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:

overrated as in the people that awarded it the game of the year, the amount the game sold or the rediculous amounts of people that are still playing the game?

ive seen the stats on the guns and what it actually takes to kill somone and there are very few guns that can kill you in one shot. first of all they need they stoping power perk, you not to have juggernaut...and need to be head shots. the following weapons also need to be used: m14...any sniper...shotgun. thats it (the m16 does it with stopping power, but thats actually a 3 shot burst). most guns take multiple shots even to the head so im not quite sure where you come up with the one shot kill thing unless TS was right and you are playing hardcore.

team fortress may be a great game...but its ruined by a community of eliteists. no thanks.

Yep, actually the headsho ts are annoying when you're going for golden gu ns. I can sneak behind a sn1per, and it takes 3 shots - point blank to the head - to finish the job with some of the sub-machine and assua lt rifles... no joke.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:07 pm

Well I didn't play long enough to get the extra armor perks or whatever it takes to be able to survive more than a shot or two. The point is... if you see someone before they see you, unless you're a complete klutz, you're going to win that battle. Which, like I said, is more realistic, but I don't think that necessarily means more fun in this instance.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:35 am

A good way to make friends mad: kill them on your last stand. :-b
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Guru13 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:03 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:A good way to make friends mad: kill them on your last stand. :-b

dude, seriously. That pisses me off. :-b

edit: totally fun thing to do with friends -- make a private game, do old school free for all on shipment with no radar and headshots only, it's awesome. Not to mention it can make your friends totally angry. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:05 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:A good way to make friends mad: kill them on your last stand. :-b

edit: totally fun thing to do with friends -- make a private game, do old school free for all on shipment with no radar and headshots only, it's awesome. Not to mention it can make your friends totally angry. ;-D

haha, no radar and headshots. you might end up with some broken controllers from that one :-b
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:31 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:

haha, no radar and headshots. you might end up with some broken controllers from that one :-b

the secret is to be a total shotty-whore. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:20 pm

infinity ward has announced that they are releasing a pack of 4 new maps in the near future. im stoked ;-D . there is one called "the creek" or something along those lines thats supposed to be insane. a large level with a waterfall and caves and a cliff for sniping.

ill be getting this the day its released :-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:06 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:infinity ward has announced that they are releasing a pack of 4 new maps in the near future. im stoked ;-D . there is one called "the creek" or something along those lines thats supposed to be insane. a large level with a waterfall and caves and a cliff for sniping.

ill be getting this the day its released :-D

wow, the creek sounds amazing. Definitely gonna check that out. ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games