call of duty 4 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

call of duty 4

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: call of duty 4

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:53 am

Well i played all day and I'm level 27 now, I really want the golden desert eagle...

Anyways, now my Xbox Live will not connect. It says "Unable to connect to Gateway" and the ISP fails. I've had this problem before, but I cant seem to fix it. Any suggestions?
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:16 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Canucks_Fantasy wrote:I started playing this on live today, geez do I suck.

lol pretty much everyone does at first. keep at it and you should come around fairly quickly.

as for the new maps...im kinda torn.

i like the broadcast level a lot...i see no problems with that one. creekside started off cool...but the more people play it, the more it becomes a sniper/camping fest...which really takes the fun out of the game IMO. the team that holds the house side really has an advantage. chinatown, the remake of a cod2 map...isnt my favorite. in fact, i really dont like it. everything looks the same, and its easy to get lost. people that played cod2 have an extreme advantage on it. lots of camping in windows, and im not a fan of having turret guns in such small quarters. killhouse isnt on hardly any playlists aside from cagematch and tactical...so i havent even entered it except to check it out in a provate match with friends. its ok...but not good for large groups. i think it would get boring fairly quickly.

all in all...im glad they released new maps, as the old ones are getting stale, but at the same time, im not that excited about them.

oh...and for those of you who dont know...you get double points on those maps this first weekend (a kill is worth 20 points instead of 10...etc.). not that it does me any good since i stopped prestiging. !+)

Creek can definitely be a camping fest if you let it, but me and a buddy of mine have a pretty good strategy, if I can get the "sniping ridge" as we call it before the other team gets to theirs and pop a few of them, my friend rushes through the cave with a Saw and pretty much forces the other team to stay on their feet the whole game and move around a bit. Plus we both end up going like 25 and 3 so it's all good. :-b ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:07 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Creek can definitely be a camping fest if you let it, but me and a buddy of mine have a pretty good strategy, if I can get the "sniping ridge" as we call it before the other team gets to theirs and pop a few of them, my friend rushes through the cave with a Saw and pretty much forces the other team to stay on their feet the whole game and move around a bit. Plus we both end up going like 25 and 3 so it's all good. :-b ;-D

yeah you really need to work as a team to control this map. if you have two or 3 guys working together you can dominate. one guy watching the cave...one guy on the roof of the house with a sniper, and one guy on the hill watching the waterfall side. the rest of your team can run and gun and pretty much be covered by the guys at the 3 positions.

i use this setup on the creek. i call it my "ghost" kit:

ak47 silenced
bandolier
uav jammer
dead silence

if i get behind the snipers, i wreck shop on their whole team without them being able to track me down for a while...especially on the house side as i move from house to house. my favorite new thing i do i stand in the middle of a prone snipers back (as they dont know im there generally) and teabag them for a few second and then shoot them in the head so they can watch me doing it on their killcam :-D :-b .

the first day the maps were out it seemed like i could get behind the other teams at will...but now it seems like most teams post someone up watching the cave exit..and it cant get around the hill due to the snipers. my silenced gun is too weak to shoot anyone at decent range, so im thinnking i might need to get myself a new strategy :-b

by the way... my new gamertag is xx KEYKEY xx so anyone can hit me up if you want to play. guru...why havent we played together yet???
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:56 pm

What's the best game to play if you want to power level.

Search and Destroy?
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guru13 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:18 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:What's the best game to play if you want to power level.

Search and Destroy?

hardcore search and destroy on the new maps can easily get you near 1000 points a game.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:23 pm

I'm starting to get better, if anyone wants to play hit me with a pm. :-D

You'll still either destroy me or groan when I'm on your team however.

My Xbov Live ID is so lame...
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guru13 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:26 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:I'm starting to get better, if anyone wants to play hit me with a pm. :-D

You'll still either destroy me or groan when I'm on your team however.

My Xbov Live ID is so lame...

what is it? come on, you know you want to say it, I'll hit you up with a friend request too, cause I mean come on, who wouldn't want to be friends with me. ;-) :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:08 pm

i just destroyed my stats getting that gold shotgun :-o. i think i lost about 40 free for all matches just trying to get that dang thing, and went negative 90% of the time.

i give credit to anyone who can use a shotty and do consistently well...that gun is definitely not my style. and headshots...well that was just plain frustrating.

on to the gold sniper rifle now....
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:59 pm

Are you fully prestiged? Or are you just wasting your time. :-D

I'm assuming it's the former. Only "noobs" use the shotgun, it's mostly for camping and charging. Not my style either.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:11 pm

i stopped after the third prestige. i thought it would take me a lot longer than it has to complete all the challenges...especially the gold ak. probably should have fully prestiged first, but hindsight is 20-20 :-/ . needless to say, with my challenges complete i wont be prestiging again.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games