call of duty 4 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Video Games

call of duty 4

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: call of duty 4

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Meh, I still have not prestiged at all. Good on ya for doing the challenges, those are a pain.

Xbox Live ID: Dr Hydro Hippo

Yes I know it's lame. I wanted something unique. It's just plain dumb however.
Image
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2022
Joined: 6 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: call of duty 4

Postby Guru13 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:53 am

I'm not gonna prestige anymore either, I'm also gonna try to get all the challenges.

...I like it Canucks, sexy. :-b :-B
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: call of duty 4

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:41 am

I play PC, so no prestig'ng for me (not an option - thank goodness - I already spend too much time playing).

I actually have a ton of fun with the pump action shotty, the auto is the pits.

Most noobs DO NOT play with the shotty, usually they noob tube with an assault.

I can get a 3 to 1 k/d ratio on average with the shotty (obviously k/d ratio is much higher when I'm sn1per - about 7 to 1). It is so fun hearing all the people (enemy team) complaining about you... a compliment really.

My advice, 1) lay smoke at a strategic point, 2) rush through and get past the their line, 3) cause major havok. People like to camp with the sn1pers, assualts, and LMG... easy meat for an expert shotgun player.

Favorite map for shotty is Crash - the best by far. ;-D
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2822
Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: call of duty 4

Postby Guru13 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:47 am

Twisted Sister wrote:I play PC, so no prestig'ng for me (not an option - thank goodness - I already spend too much time playing).

I actually have a ton of fun with the pump action shotty, the auto is the pits.

Most noobs DO NOT play with the shotty, usually they noob tube with an assault.

I can get a 3 to 1 k/d ratio on average with the shotty (obviously k/d ratio is much higher when I'm sn1per - about 7 to 1). It is so fun hearing all the people (enemy team) complaining about you... a compliment really.

My advice, 1) lay smoke at a strategic point, 2) rush through and get past the their line, 3) cause major havok. People like to camp with the sn1pers, assualts, and LMG... easy meat for an expert shotgun player.

Favorite map for shotty is Crash - the best by far. ;-D

vacant with the semi is wonderful, if you use it right it's like a freakin' sniper rifle sometimes. :-b
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: call of duty 4

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:11 pm

I like the combo of UAV Jammer, Total Silence? and Shotty. I was just messing around with it, but it seems to really work.

I was pulling of 2.5 k:d ratio it was pretty fun.

Smokes are wonderful. :-D
Image
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2022
Joined: 6 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: call of duty 4

Postby eagles21 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:38 pm

So I've been content playing Halo, but it seems like my friends play COD most of the time and seem to like it more, so now I'm contemplating if I should get it or not. :-?
Image
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4613
Joined: 7 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: State College, PA

Re: call of duty 4

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:38 pm

It's awesome.

Just had my best game, 17-1
Image
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2022
Joined: 6 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: call of duty 4

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:21 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:I like the combo of UAV Jammer, Total Silence? and Shotty. I was just messing around with it, but it seems to really work.

I was pulling of 2.5 k:d ratio it was pretty fun.

Smokes are wonderful. :-D



Smokes are key, too many people go for flashbangs or or concussion, followed by grenad3s. However, if you "cook" the grenad3s… no need for these. Smoke is a MUCH more useful tool. Many people use smoke incorrectly as well. You want to put it about 2 feet in front of the enemy position… not in the center point between yourself and the enemy. Smoke is also very useful for clearing a room - causes massive confusion and panic. For room clearing, concussion is the best... but smoke is overall much more useful to a player (which is why it is not available for the 3x perk)

If you want to up your K/D ratio w/shotty, put on martydom. I think for shotty class, it is fair game… considering you're more or less on a su1cide mission and will get destroyed at any distance over 10 feet from any opponent. If you're not into that perk (as many are not), you should consider stamina. Being able to incease your sprint distance is ideal for shotty... you need to close gaps fast and run around the enemies base to keep them off balanced and guessing where you are at - that's when you start to rachet up 10 kill + streaks.

UAV is a must ;-D
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2822
Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: call of duty 4

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:32 pm

i decided to prestige again after months and months of saying i wouldnt ever do it again. :-o gave up four gold guns and almost all of my completed challenges. :,-(

it was a hard decision, but all i had left to work for was the gold sniper rifle, and sniping is just not my idea of fun. its fun once in a while...but to get the gold gun, id have to snipe A LOT. i hate sitting and camping, so id probably try to be a mobile sniper...and they usually dont work out too well :-b .

i know myself, and not having any challenges left, or goals...id get tired of the game in a hurry...and its too long before cod5 is out. prestiging at least keeps things fresh and gives me things to work for. sucks to give up everything i worked so hard for...especially that dang gold shotgun...but im happy with my decision.

im going for the prestige level 9 now. the red star. i think that one is sick looking and not many people stay at that level. ;-D (id prob already be there if i would have just prestiged all along :-b )
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Re: call of duty 4

Postby Guru13 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:24 am

deluxe_247 wrote:i decided to prestige again after months and months of saying i wouldnt ever do it again. :-o gave up four gold guns and almost all of my completed challenges. :,-(

it was a hard decision, but all i had left to work for was the gold sniper rifle, and sniping is just not my idea of fun. its fun once in a while...but to get the gold gun, id have to snipe A LOT. i hate sitting and camping, so id probably try to be a mobile sniper...and they usually dont work out too well :-b .

i know myself, and not having any challenges left, or goals...id get tired of the game in a hurry...and its too long before cod5 is out. prestiging at least keeps things fresh and gives me things to work for. sucks to give up everything i worked so hard for...especially that dang gold shotgun...but im happy with my decision.

im going for the prestige level 9 now. the red star. i think that one is sick looking and not many people stay at that level. ;-D (id prob already be there if i would have just prestiged all along :-b )

ya I sent you a message about it but since I can't use my xbox right now (freakin' parents) I didn't see if you responded or not.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:12 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact