Re: call of duty 4

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu May 15, 2008 6:17 pm

oops...i didnt mean vacant....i meant backlot :*) :-b

dont know why i wrote that :-D :-? .

good luck man, let me know how it goes. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri May 16, 2008 2:49 am

deluxe_247 wrote:oops...i didnt mean vacant....i meant backlot :*) :-b

dont know why i wrote that :-D :-? .

good luck man, let me know how it goes. ;-D

n00b :-b ;-7
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:50 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:
n00b :-b ;-7

i sometimes wish i was when i look at my stats and see how much time ive logged into multiplayer :-o :-b . makes me a little depressed !+) .
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm

I'm really starting to dig Hardcore S/D matches. I just hate how some idiots will knife/kill you if you have the bomb. It's really easy to snipe and with UAV jammer, I can go 15-2 or so "pretty" easily. Unless some idiot knifes me... :-°
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri May 16, 2008 9:12 pm

yeah thats really the only thing that bugs me about hardcore is team killers. that and if you make a stupid move and die early having sit there having to watch the whole rest of the game :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon May 19, 2008 10:20 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:I've come to the conclusion that COD4 multiplayer is extremely overrated. Basically what it boils down to is who sees who first. If you see someone before they see you, you win. Of course that's not true 100% of the time, but most of the time it is, as is with all "one shot/one kill" games. If someone gets the drop on you, you're screwed. I understand that's more "realistic" or whatever, but sometimes realistic doesn't always equal fun.

Maybe I'm just spoiled to the best multi player FPS of all time: Team Fortress Classic.

Now there's a fun game! 9 different classes to choose from, and you don't die from one bullet. That's why I like it more than COD4. In this, you actually duel with people. You can go toe to toe, and the person with the best movement, aiming and timing wins. It's not just "oh i saw you first, you die." Call me crazy, but I'm not at all impressed with COD4 multi.

overrated as in the people that awarded it the game of the year, the amount the game sold or the rediculous amounts of people that are still playing the game?

ive seen the stats on the guns and what it actually takes to kill somone and there are very few guns that can kill you in one shot. first of all they need they stoping power perk, you not to have juggernaut...and need to be head shots. the following weapons also need to be used: m14...any sniper...shotgun. thats it (the m16 does it with stopping power, but thats actually a 3 shot burst). most guns take multiple shots even to the head so im not quite sure where you come up with the one shot kill thing unless TS was right and you are playing hardcore.

team fortress may be a great game...but its ruined by a community of eliteists. no thanks.

I think what attributes to this is that Call of Duty is easy to pick up for anyone and the ability to kill anyone. Most of my r/l friends play CoD after they had dropped Halo and now the only time I play CoD is with them. I have bad latency to most people, but I still find it a very easy game. It's just not as challenging even in the hardcore settings, and to find any you'd have to move to something like Gamebattles ladders, but I don't want to go that far with it. I think where I stand on CoD draws down to is more about the matchmaking system — it doesn't match you into a competitive setting, you just find a game and go from there, playing kids that range from just starting to very good though a majority are just average. But when you compare it to the ranked MM that you get into Halo, it's a whole different pie. I find myself getting matched up with players just below, at or above my skill level and that's what attracts me to it. I know that playing through the MM system that I'll keep finding players better than me putting me to a test and trying to find ways of myself getting better. Even with the CoD ranking system, there's no way to tell how good someone is, even if they're a 55 Gold Star.

Now it's not like I don't have fun when I play CoD, it has a great single player, but MM just gets kind of old.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby croutonjack » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:14 pm

I just started prestige mode and at first I really hated not having my silence p90 or UAV jammer but then I got used to it...anyway...what is everyone's gun of choice. Mine used to be the silenced p90 but now I like the silenced M4 (I'm all about being sneaky and having people not know where they are being shot from)...and I hate people that use juggernaut, last stand, martyrdom, gernade launchers, and rpg's for anything besides shooting down helicopters anyone agree?
croutonjack
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:15 pm

croutonjack wrote:I just started prestige mode and at first I really hated not having my silence p90 or UAV jammer but then I got used to it...anyway...what is everyone's gun of choice. Mine used to be the silenced p90 but now I like the silenced M4 (I'm all about being sneaky and having people not know where they are being shot from)...and I hate people that use juggernaut, last stand, martyrdom, gernade launchers, and rpg's for anything besides shooting down helicopters anyone agree?

im 10th prestige, so i cant give up guns anymore :-b

my gun of choice is the AK with a silencer or no attachment.

for each class i prefer:
AK
mp5 or ak74u
pump shotgun
m40a

pistol- usp

i use last stand sometimes, and i use matyrdom when i play headquarters..its just a smart play when on the headquarters and to die leaving a grenade. it buys you an extra few seconds to keep the other team from coming in to capture it. a lot of the time i use dea silence. i almost always use stopping power, but occasionally use UAV jammer if im ghosting.

i learned that people will complain about any weapon/perk that you beat them with, so i dont even pay attention anymore and just use what best fits my style or the gametype. the only thing in the game that i feel is unbalanced is the m16...that thing is just cheap.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby francis03 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Cod is a good game...I got it for ps3 and play in a clan and in a bunch of leauges for the pc.
francis03
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby m16a » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:18 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I think what attributes to this is that Call of Duty is easy to pick up for anyone and the ability to kill anyone.

I know exactly what you mean. My friend has prestiged twice(he's in the midst of the third, almost all the way returned) and he is supposedly ranked and playing with guys of his own level. So while he's in the other room getting a snack, I pick up his controller, join a game, play for the first time, see a couple guys first, end up getting 5 kills. My aim was terrible, my gun choice was probably lousy(I was using the M16 with burst fire) and yet first time I score 5 kills. It was a fun game to play, very different from what I play normally(Gears of War and Halo) but that wouldn't happen in Halo 3 or Gears unless the people were just screwing around with the n00b. Fun game, but the multiplayer is just so meh feeling in regards to ranking.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games