If you thought AJ Feeley looked good... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If you thought AJ Feeley looked good...

Moderator: Football Moderators

If you thought AJ Feeley looked good...

Postby Eagles07 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:13 pm

wait till you see the kid. pickup kolb now in all your keeper leagues ;-D
Eagles07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: If you thought AJ Feeley looked good...

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:22 pm

Is there any reasoning behind this post?? How about the fact that Feeley knows this system already. If kolb played that game the Eagles probably lose 40-14. If Kolb was a better option he would already be playing. He had knocks coming out of college. Could really have gone anywhere from the 2-5th round in the draft. System qb label is all over him.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:42 pm

Any non-Detmer starting for Philly will be a top 15 QB as long as Reid is there.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mikus » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:56 pm

^^^ Homers.

:-b
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:28 am

I'm not sure I can take this advice as unbiased considering your sig. :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:36 am

What does Feeley playing well have to do with Kolb being any good?I hope they do put in Kolb when they play Dallas again, id love to face the rookie over Feeley or Mcnabb
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:40 am

Well I think on one hand, I'll take Andy Reid's position on QBs versus many others. I mean he was Favre's QB coach, he had hand in Holmgren getting Hasselbeck, he obviously chose right with Donovan in that draft. Then you get to "washed up garcia" and Feeley. Feeley plays well with the Eagles, gets traded to the Dolphins, goes to San Diego, comes back, and in his two chances to play for the Birds since his return, has two 300 yard games to show for it. Kind of same deal with Garcia. On one hand you can say they stink because "look at what they did for clevleand, detroit, miami" or on the other hand, those teams were at the time that bad and aimless.

I think I will give reid the benefit of the doub on Kolb. That being said I honestly think that if Donovan or Kolb played in that game, it would have been a total pasting (but for different reasons).

Even if donovan is gone, I doubt Kolb starts next year. They clearly wanted Feeley to be the transition QB for the team, which is why they paid him before thinking about Garcia.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:07 am

Not an Eagles fan, but watch a lot of Eagles games where I live (and listen to the radio shows). IMO - I think the whole team stepped up for NE... regardless of who the QB was. I think it would be a huge mistake to take out a probowl veteran QB for AJ. Especially if they're looking to trade McNabb next season (need to keep the trade value up).

If I recall last season, with Garcia... the success was not so much because of Garcia, but because Reid changed his gameplan (Eagle fans, correct me if I'm way off base. No doubt Garcia made some clutch plays, but the game plan was much more balanced overall). This may have been the case for AJ vs. NE playcalling.

I can't believe I'm on McNabb's side (Giant's fan) 8-o. One thing's for sure, if Kolb is the future, I'd ship out McNabb and AJ next season and bring in a vet who nobody (fans) would ever want to start .

A lot of talk a few weeks ago about McNabb going to the Bears, that would be interesting.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DraftDodger » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:42 pm

That game was all about Belichick's bizarre decision to change an offense that was working better than any offense ever. Obviously he thought the defensive mismatches would mean lots of big plays for Patriots wideouts, but it became painfully obvious that Brady isn't all that good under pressure. The Pats are better off surrounding him with pass protection and giving the receivers time to get open. Despite my man-love for Brady, I'll be the first to admit that he's no run & shoot quarterback.

Next week my money says they're back to protecting Brady and that defenses won't be able to use "Philly's blueprint" to be competitive with the Pats, who won't leave Brady unprotected again. He's not going to win them another Super Bowl if he gets killed, and he's lucky to have escaped that Eagles defense in one piece.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:48 pm

Well to be fair, the "blueprint' rushed him up the middle.

And if he doesn't want to get Brady killed, maybe he learned a lesson? They went spread a lot, which leads to a lot of points. But given that brady has good footwork, just isn't terribly fast, its an acceptable risk to rush up the middle as much as possible. And from what I saw, the eagles went to a 3-3-5 a lot with Gocong playing a rushing LB role. And that ain't a look they have busted it out, they are almost anally 4-3.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk