If you thought AJ Feeley looked good... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If you thought AJ Feeley looked good...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: If you thought AJ Feeley looked good...

Postby wbgrafix » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:51 pm

Dynasty Leagues.

This is the only type of league that Kolb should be picked up at this point.

He is not going to play at this year since the Eagles are basically just one game out of the WildCard spot.

If McNabb get's traded this offseason, Feeley will likely play up to the point where the team knows they don't make the playoffs. If they do, Kolb will sit all of next year too.

The Eagles are not like the 90's Bengals where as soon as they draft a quarterback, they throw him out to the wolves.
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:09 pm

DraftDodger wrote:That game was all about Belichick's bizarre decision to change an offense that was working better than any offense ever. Obviously he thought the defensive mismatches would mean lots of big plays for Patriots wideouts, but it became painfully obvious that Brady isn't all that good under pressure. The Pats are better off surrounding him with pass protection and giving the receivers time to get open. Despite my man-love for Brady, I'll be the first to admit that he's no run & shoot quarterback.

Next week my money says they're back to protecting Brady and that defenses won't be able to use "Philly's blueprint" to be competitive with the Pats, who won't leave Brady unprotected again. He's not going to win them another Super Bowl if he gets killed, and he's lucky to have escaped that Eagles defense in one piece.

Given the possessions, the pats really didn't do anything different than they have all year. The onside kick, and the efficiency of The offense for Philly is what made this a good/close game. Brady actually killed the blitz, but receivers dropped balls. Welker had at least 2 drops on some somewhat tough but catchable balls. Moss had a couple also I believe. They did a great job containing moss, but they left their nickle back one on one with welker which really bit them in the back. The pressure really wasn't a big factor in this game. There were 2 sacks, but beyond that I didn't see brady flustered at all.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:24 pm

skibrett15 wrote:The pressure really wasn't a big factor in this game. There were 2 sacks, but beyond that I didn't see brady flustered at all.

Come on! Give em a break, it was 3 sacks. And it was Brady's worst QB rating of the year even with no TOs. And only 2nd game he and Moss didn't hook up. He wasn't dry heaving in his helmet, but the Eagles stopped them from throwing deep, and made him dink and dunk to minime 14 times and target Jabar Gaffney a whole bunch. Hardly the domination he was quoted as enjoying so much a week or so ago. You could tell the Pats were ready for a heaping serving of humble pie given the post game interviews. Like a whipped husband.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:35 pm

It bears mentioning that every drop isn't because of offensive mistakes. The eagles laid the wood on some of those receivers, and disrupted Brady's timing at various people. I mean he did get sacked a few times, and hit some others. This wasn't all just the Pats screwing up. We can play the drop game the other way too, or the interception game too. Fact of the matter is that the Eagles lost, but considering the communal orgy over this team, this is a "moral victory" even though I don't believe in them per se. the Eagles were what, the biggest regular season underdogs ever?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:39 pm

My contention is that Belichick didn't do anything different with the offense. Brady's reads changed due to what the Eagles gave him, which was single coverage on welker every time they blitzed (which was often enough). I saw great blocking on blitzes from the Pats, but the Eagles finally played moss well so brady was forced to go dink and dunk. Belichick didn't say "it's time to go dink and dunk". Yes they didn't throw a few to moss in triple coverage that were caught, although they did throw some into coverage which fell incomplete (and could have been intercepted as eaglesfan said). I am saying that I don't think it was the pressure packages that jimmy johnson cooked up that got to the pats, I think it was the great tackling and coverage on moss.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby wbgrafix » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:15 pm

Moss' loss was definitely Welker's gain. I love PPR leagues. ;-D
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Twisted Sister » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:49 pm

I think the Philly fans will realize... "hey, McNabb's not that bad"

What did you guys expect from AJ? Can't wait to hear the post game shows tomorrow on the radio... double or nothing everyone is hollering for Kolb <sp?>

At this point, why not? >>> because they need to up McNabbs trade value.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:00 am

that was infuriating. I know he will make mistakes, but christ, to have 4 picks and only lose by four is frustrating. I mean the eagles were in both of these games, and there were seriously at least 6 points left off the board in each one because of picks in opposition territory. to screw up that bad after the westbrook huge punt return to get the ball ont he seahawk's 10 is inexcusable.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk