R. I. P. Sean Taylor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

R. I. P. Sean Taylor

Moderator: Football Moderators

R. I. P. Sean Taylor

Postby ksinghas » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:56 pm

As we all are aware, Sean Taylor (24) died early this morning after a fatal gunshot wound was inflicted by a robber/burgular in his Miami home. What I wanted us to do is share some of your favorite Sean Taylor memories with the cafe. As skins fans, we watched Taylor grow form a troubled player into a defensive leader and standout for our team. He was just reaching his prime. Such an incident is soo hard for me to swallow. Things like this should help us all see how fragile life really is, and appreciate what we all have.

I remember last year when we played Dallas at home and we blocked their FG at the end of the game. Taylor picked up the ball and returned it setting up a game winning fg by Novak. Personally that is the memory that I will forever hold in my heart of Sean Taylor.

R I P SEAN. You are in all of our prayers. Watch over us all big guy!
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: R. I. P. Sean Taylor

Postby tracyjesq » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:00 pm

I am a life-long die hard Redskins fan. I go to absolutely every home game. Sean Taylor's death is surreal to me. He was so young and had so much life left to live. He was not only a phenomenal football player but he had become a fantastic man too. My prayers go out to his family, friends, and all in the Redskins family.

RIP Sean.................
tracyjesq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 16)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:34 pm

Here's a great thread from Kissing Suzy Kolber for all the Sean Taylor fans here. A set of clips of Sean Taylor doing what he did best on the field - hitting people HARD. ;-D
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:33 pm

ksinghas wrote:I remember last year when we played Dallas at home and we blocked their FG at the end of the game. Taylor picked up the ball and returned it setting up a game winning fg by Novak. Personally that is the memory that I will forever hold in my heart of Sean Taylor.
He had long sleeves on that day and they were really, really baggy. As I was watching that game with my 11 year old Sister that day we both jumped 3 miles high when that FG was blocked and Sean ran it back so far. It was an unbelievable runback- and he drew a 15 yard face mask penalty. On the slow motion replay they showed for that play, his sleeves were flapping around, we nicknamed that play "Sean Taylor's sleeves flapping in the wind" play. Which to this day is still saved on my computer easily as my favorite play from last season.

There was also a playoff clinching fumble recovery he had against the Eagles New Years day- on the first day of 2006. Everyone was looking at the pile of players who were going for the fumble and Sean Taylor just starts running... And running... And scores a touchdown. He then goes on to do it in the playoff win vs Tampa in a double fumble play which I'll never ever forget. Marcus Washington recovers a Caddy fumble and then he himself fumbles. Sean Taylor had never given up on the play even when it appeared it was dead, he scoops up the fumble and runs to the end zone. Man how crazy how everyone went when we saw that... What amazing memories.

My personal Sean Taylor moment has got to be the one I saw with my own eyes.

Tuesday July 31st 2007, it's day 3 or 4 of training camp open to the public. It happens to be the first day that Laron Landry is with the team after finally signing his rookie deal the previous night. When those two lined up side by side for the first time in the first 11 on 11 drill that day I sensed something about that defense, everyone there did. You could feel the size, see the speed, sense the intimidation these safeties brought to the table.

NFL players already thought twice about entering Sean Taylor's area of the field, he had the speed of a cornerback and hit like a linebacker. An extremely rare combination that we do not see much at all. Now he 's with Laron Landry another insane safety, man I remember talking to the guy next to me that day "I would never want to go deep vs either of these safeties." It's easy to forget some of these football players size when we watch on TV. When you see them in real life and can get a real idea of their size, it's quite amazing. It's easy to forget how huge most of them are when all you see is them on the field with a bunch of other huge guys.

What happened for the first play in training camp that day? It's a pass attempt and the WR (believe it was James Thrash) gets absolutely smashed by Taylor for an incompletion. The very next play Landry makes a run stuffing smash tackle that drew gasps from crowd. Having those two guys in the secondary that day I saw many special things for the immediate future.

I shed a tear writing this post. Sean Taylor I will never forget you, you are in a better place right now watching down over us. You are an inspiration for young football players everywhere, you were humble, rarely spoke to reporters and when you did it was always about the team, always about others, the offensive line, the coaches, always wanting to talk about unnoticed people instead of yourself. You always studied film so much, understood the game so well, understood so much to the point Greg Williams even said he believed Sean Taylor knew more than some coaches. Sean Taylor was one of the most gifted athletes in the NFL and will be greatly missed.

In memory of Sean Taylor's humble and quiet demeanor. I'm gonna go silent and quit posting as much. It's amazing what you can learn in life when you sit back and listen to what others have to say instead of always speaking yourself. This is one important thing I think Sean Taylor was here to teach people. It's also important to remember what's really important in life. Life is never something to be taken for granted. Football is just a game, it's a fun past time, it's a sad shame this had to happen. I encourage everyone to keep Sean Taylor's family in their thoughts and prayers, I will in the next few days for sure.

Sean Taylor 1983-2007 :,-(
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby jimskins28 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:01 pm

my favorite was when he was covering moss on minnesota and he knocked the ball away at the last second. i know moss caught a td on him later in the game, but it was one hell of a catch. damn this is hard to believe. Rest In Peace Sean Taylor
thanx snipershot. We miss you #21
jimskins28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SkinSFan22 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:28 am

I love you man. The Washington Redskins will never be the same again. I pray for your friends, family, girlfriend, but especially your daughter. Rest In Peace Sean Taylor.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Washington Redskins