Tony Romo go ahead of Peyton in next year's draft??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tony Romo go ahead of Peyton in next year's draft???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tony Romo go ahead of Peyton in next year's draft???

Postby harold_bush » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:40 am

Wow, what a 6th round pick this guys has been for me this year. He has been absolutely unbelievable this year, and is clearly dominating Peyton. Peyton is dealing with an injured receving corps, but Marvin Harrison isn't a spring chicken, so it isn't like it is a given he comes back to old Marvin form next year. Dallas' offensive line is just playing insane ball, giving Romo all the time in the world.

Anyway, I was just curious if people saw next year's QBs being drafted Brady, Romo, Peyton or Brady, Peyton, Romo?
1 pt.= 10 yds rushing/receiving, 1 pt. = 25 yds passing, 1/2 pt = PPR,

QB- Vick/Flacco/Favre
RB- Arian Foster
RB -Adrian Peterson
WR-Steve Smith (Giants)
WR-Welker
TE- Celek
WR/RB - Ray Rice

Bench- Santonio Holmes, Ryan Torain, McGahee, Bowe
harold_bush
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tony Romo go ahead of Peyton in next year's draft???

Postby Humpback » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:38 am

Right now, it's Romo over Peyton, but there's still 1/4 of the season left, plus the entire offseason to see what happens.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:45 pm

i guess. but that wouldn't be value in my mind. tough not to take peyton. romo seems to be the real deal, but he could pull a brees too. never know. I like track record myself. And to get romo, he would be what, round two or three?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:15 pm

Romo is really a great young qb, but his offensive line is giving him incredible time to pass, and Dallas line is built on pass protection...Look back at some of the film, Romo has time to set his feet and scan his reads across the field, given that he is also incredible at scrambling and moving in the pocket its a Right now he is playing at a higher level then Peyton, not a better qb yet, not a better career, but in the draft id take Romo quicker for his weapons, offensive line, and system...The Colts have changed somewhat of past years and tend to run more then usual, Dallas passes way more then I would like them to, but thats how Garrett calls plays...

As long as Romo and Garrett are together, it will be a recipe for success
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:18 pm

I think there are two big factors to Romos continued success.
1) Jason Garrett. If he stays in Dallas next season thats huge for Romo.
2) The decline of TO. Hes been playing quite a while. How much longer can he continue to play at a high level?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ivesaidway2much » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:23 pm

If I'm not mistaken the Colts have had some offensive line injuries. I would think that would have a bigger impact on his performance than losing Harrison. But either way Harrison is only a year older than TO. Either one of them could see their production drastically decline next year and beyond. I'd just take Peyton because you know he is the better QB.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:30 pm

ivesaidway2much wrote: I'd just take Peyton because you know he is the better QB.

but you always have 2 take next year into consideration as well...Peyton isnt always going to put up monster stats every year, he's the safer pick though...but its alot like taking Shaun Alexander this year over Addai, Ive seen it happen in alot of drafts because people want to take the safer pick, with Romo he has potential to have a better season then Peyton, but also a worse year...id take him, but im still not taking a qb very early, he was taken 5-7 round this year, there will be more guys like him taken late that will produce just as well...Id rather gather some other positions and take someone like Cutler 4-5 rounds later then both of those guys
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby danielgreen091 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:44 pm

I think it depends a lot on how healhy the Colts Team is and if Harrison sticks around(Ive heard he is talking of retiring. Has anyone else heard this?). I'm with you...im not going to take a qb too early. Brady, Romo, and Peyton will all be 1-2 rd picks next year. That will allow better Rb's and Wr's to fall a little lower IMO. As everything stands right now I would probably pass on them unless they somehow fell to the 3rd round.
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby ivesaidway2much » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:48 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
ivesaidway2much wrote: I'd just take Peyton because you know he is the better QB.

but you always have 2 take next year into consideration as well...Peyton isnt always going to put up monster stats every year, he's the safer pick though...but its alot like taking Shaun Alexander this year over Addai, Ive seen it happen in alot of drafts because people want to take the safer pick, with Romo he has potential to have a better season then Peyton, but also a worse year...id take him, but im still not taking a qb very early, he was taken 5-7 round this year, there will be more guys like him taken late that will produce just as well...Id rather gather some other positions and take someone like Cutler 4-5 rounds later then both of those guys
Peyton at 31 is in his prime as a QB. There's little reason to believe his skills will significantly degrade in the next 2-3 years. Alexander on the other hand was already old for an RB, had lost his best linemen to FA, and was already over the number of career carries where RB's usually start to decline. The signs were there. And LdT is next.

But yeah, I agree with you. I would much rather take a couple of QB's 3-4 rounds after these guys go than spend an early round draft pick on a QB. Aside from Favre taking a nosedive last night, I've had no problems alternating between him, McNabb, and Kitna.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:00 pm

well based on the stats this year, some people might draft romo ahead of peyton anyway. you could get peyton later than normal.

i'd personally just avoid the whole taking-qbs-early mess, and try to nab a qb later on....like how most romo owners did this year.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk