wii - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

wii

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: wii

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:51 pm

My wife saw two of them in Best Buy yesterday. Her co-worker bought them to auction off on ebay since they are still going for $450+ for some reason.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:24 pm

Madison wrote:My wife saw two of them in Best Buy yesterday. Her co-worker bought them to auction off on ebay since they are still going for $450+ for some reason.

yep they were at target on tuesday. I don't get this shortage. I guess Madison and I live in the right places :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:36 pm

treat24 wrote:
Madison wrote:My wife saw two of them in Best Buy yesterday. Her co-worker bought them to auction off on ebay since they are still going for $450+ for some reason.

yep they were at target on tuesday. I don't get this shortage. I guess Madison and I live in the right places :-D

:-b

Yeah, I've been able to buy Wii's for awhile. Some stores are sold out sometimes, but they certainly are not impossible to find near me and I've seen more than I can count the last few months sitting on store shelves while I was buying something else. I see tons of X-Boxes getting moved though. The cheapie model (which is more expensive than a Wii) seems to be selling really well in my area, so maybe just the people in the metroplex around here are 360 people, or Microsoft fanboys. I dunno. Of the 3 systems, I lean towards a PS3, but the reviews on the games being so bad (look pretty, but play horribly), lack of free time, and price (around $700 to get started on something I don't have time for?) has kept me away from the PS3. Some of that has also kept moving into the next generation of systems period, and I have no bias towards any of them. I grew up a Nintendo boy, so Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, etc, are all cool favorites that are Wii exclusive. I owned an X-Box until a lightning bolt blew it up and I loved the Project Gotham racing series and other games exclusive to Microsoft. I currently have a PS2 and the fact PS3 plays PS2 games is cool, plus "Mass Effect" is supposed to be totally awesome and other PS exclusive games makes it look good to me as well. Heck, gimme all three and 5 games of my choice for each and I'm gold I think. :-B Would probably take me 20 years to get to play them all though, as I just don't have the free time I used to. :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:58 pm

I bought one about 4 mos ago and have only played it for a couple hours total. Its alright, but I guess I just dont have time to play it. I decided im going to just give it to my nephew for X-Mas. Hard to resist selling it on ebay though.... :-o

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:14 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:I bought one about 4 mos ago and have only played it for a couple hours total. Its alright, but I guess I just dont have time to play it. I decided im going to just give it to my nephew for X-Mas. Hard to resist selling it on ebay though.... :-o

Doing the right thing Titans. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby moonhead » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:35 pm

i have a feeling that large metropolitan areas are getting higher quantities of wiis in their shipments.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:31 pm

moonhead wrote:i have a feeling that large metropolitan areas are getting higher quantities of wiis in their shipments.

I live in lowly Amarillo and they are pretty easy to find. A lot of people talk about how they have a ton sitting around at the smaller Wal-Marts around here though.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:11 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:I bought one about 4 mos ago and have only played it for a couple hours total. Its alright, but I guess I just dont have time to play it. I decided im going to just give it to my nephew for X-Mas. Hard to resist selling it on ebay though.... :-o

No the right thing would be to give it to me. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:22 am

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

No the right thing would be to give it to me. ;-D

why give it to met when you can give it to me? :-? :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:29 am

treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:No the right thing would be to give it to me. ;-D

why give it to met when you can give it to me? :-? :-D

For that matter, I have another TV. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext