Greg Jennings- semi-elite? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Greg Jennings- semi-elite?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Greg Jennings- semi-elite?

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:13 pm

I had Jennings down as a nice WR sleeper coming into this season, and I'm thrilled that he's having such great success. :-)

Where do you think he'll go in the draft next year, and how much of his value is tied to Favre's arm? Where does he rank among all the other big name wide outs? Housh, CJ, Fitz, etc.

;-D
Simulacrum
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Chief Pixel PusherEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Greg Jennings- semi-elite?

Postby Popcynical » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:18 pm

See sig. ;-D

Anyways, I don't think his success is tied to Favre's arm. He's a really talented receiver and him and Favre are really clicking this year, but the kid makes plays and finds ways to get open all by himself. Plus he's also got some good chemistry with Aaron Rodgers, so I hear.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stepsinsc » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:23 pm

I was actually thinking about posting the same thing, although more in terms of whether I should include him as one of my four keepers for next season. Several weeks ago I started thinking he could be like Braylon Edwards this year, i.e. a WR who improved a lot his 2nd year and who was a great value going into the draft for his 3rd year. But his numbers this year have already outperformed Edwards last year. He's played in 10 games this year, and if you average it out to 16 games he'd have 1138 yards and 16 TDs.: over 200 points in standard fantasy leagues. Those are elite WR1 numbers. Granted, injuries should always be taken into account, but this is only his 2nd year and improvement in the third year is reasonable to expect. I'm def excited about him.

As far as where he goes next year, it seems like he's having this season pretty quietly. I think he'd have to go below the WRs you mentioned, just due to being the new kid to the block. I think he could be a good value next year.
stepsinsc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby danielgreen091 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:54 pm

Depending on league size and my roster, I would definantly keep Jennings in a keeper league. The Packers are an incredibaly young team and Driver doesnt have too much longer left in him. When he leaves Jennings has the potential to be a great number one and Jones is looking like he could be a very nice compliment to him as a number 2. Plus, with the Rodgers played last night that team could be a force in the NFC for years to come.
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:30 pm

Jenning's success is tied a bit to Favre and the current pass-happy playcalling, but Jennings has shown some great YAC capability that is entirely his own. I'd keep him if I had him. I don't think he'll go too high though, since he doesn't really get as much publicity as guys like Randy, TO, and CJ. Driver is going to lower his value slightly too, to the less informed.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:03 pm

i'd feel comfortable with him as a wr2. aaron rodgers liked throwing to him. and with driver's age, jennings is their main deep threat.

going into next year i'd rather have jennings than driver.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:23 pm

He was one of my breakout wrs picks this year along with S. Holmes, I saw this coming, only thing that hurts is he was taken ONE PICK before I could get him in the 8th...had to settle for Dwayne Bowe :-P

But he is only in his 2nd year, and looks to be great even when Rodgers plays...I see a guy like him with incredible speed, he runs after the catch extremely well, he burns dbs deep on fade routes, catches everything, what more could you ask for??

He will be in his 3rd year next year, which is usually the year that wrs put it all together and have their first amazing year...I wouldnt mind taking him just BARELY outside of the 1st tier of wrs...he will go after the Braylon Edwards, TJ and CJ, Reggie Wayne, Burress, but he is an excellent wr2 next year, I will make sure I have him on my team this time
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Calyxes » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:23 am

I have a good problem to have. We keep four players in our league. I really want to keep Jennings but I am not sure I can. Plus, I went to WMU and saw him play alot. He is fun to watch. Just don't have room to keep him though.

QB: Romo, Favre
RB: McGahee, K. Jones, Alexander, Turner, Betts
WR: Owens, Edwards, Jenning, Boldin, Evans
TE: Winslow
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:42 am

Calyxes wrote:I have a good problem to have. We keep four players in our league. I really want to keep Jennings but I am not sure I can. Plus, I went to WMU and saw him play alot. He is fun to watch. Just don't have room to keep him though.

Personally id keep romo, k jones, edwards and winslow
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stepsinsc » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:31 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
Calyxes wrote:I have a good problem to have. We keep four players in our league. I really want to keep Jennings but I am not sure I can. Plus, I went to WMU and saw him play alot. He is fun to watch. Just don't have room to keep him though.

Personally id keep romo, k jones, edwards and winslow

Not on topic, but I'd def keep Owens and Edwards. Probably Romo. And then either McGahee or Turner, depending upon where Turner ends up. With only 4 keepers, there will still be great TE options avilable late in the draft.
stepsinsc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk