Greg Jennings- semi-elite? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Greg Jennings- semi-elite?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Greg Jennings- semi-elite?

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:43 am

stepsinsc wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:
Calyxes wrote:I have a good problem to have. We keep four players in our league. I really want to keep Jennings but I am not sure I can. Plus, I went to WMU and saw him play alot. He is fun to watch. Just don't have room to keep him though.

QB: Romo, Favre
RB: McGahee, K. Jones, Alexander, Turner, Betts
WR: Owens, Edwards, Jenning, Boldin, Evans
TE: Winslow

Personally id keep romo, k jones, edwards and winslow

Not on topic, but I'd def keep Owens and Edwards. Probably Romo. And then either McGahee or Turner, depending upon where Turner ends up. With only 4 keepers, there will still be great TE options avilable late in the draft.

I guess i just value tight ends more, and id keep gates or winslow in keeper leagues personally, kevin jones is a beast when fully healthy and i expect him to be that next year, not too many backs who get all their goal line carries and are involved in the passing game, and i wouldnt keep owens because although he will put up great numbers next year id rather redraft and find the new breakout guy vs owens who is already up their in age...guys like brandon marshall, holmes, or bowe will probably all be available to draft and could have similiar type years in 08
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:43 pm

I think you're all wrong. You have to keep TO. Looking too far ahead in a keeper league can get you in trouble. TO has at least 2-3 years of great play. He is worth a 2nd rounder. McGahee you have to keep, and I think Edwards is a lock. It is between Jennings and Winslow and Kevin Jones. Kevin Jones will suck next year if Martz is running the offense. If that's the case I would go with Jennings assuming you can start all 3.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:58 am

skibrett15 wrote:I think you're all wrong. You have to keep TO. Looking too far ahead in a keeper league can get you in trouble. TO has at least 2-3 years of great play. He is worth a 2nd rounder. McGahee you have to keep, and I think Edwards is a lock. It is between Jennings and Winslow and Kevin Jones. Kevin Jones will suck next year if Martz is running the offense. If that's the case I would go with Jennings assuming you can start all 3.

3 years or not, winslow is in the peak of his prime and will be putting up numbers that will rival TO's numbers except his will be at the TE position...I value that production at te more because its hard to find, its alot easier to find #1 productive wrs then it is a TE that can get 100+ yds and multiple tds on any given week
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:40 am

Ok, Winslow is not going to put up numbers rivaling Owens; Owens is at 1300 yards and 14 TDs right now. Winslow has 900 and 5, which is awesome for a TE but not even close to TO. You obviously keep TO and Braylon Edwards, that makes you set at WR. You have to keep McGahee as a solid RB option and the fourth is up to you, really. I'd probably keep Winslow or Jennings, but probably Winslow since you are stacked at WR. Romo is definitely an option too.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:31 am

i'd keep TO, braylon, romo, and winslow.

romo should play at a high level next year, he has great wides to throw to. TO is not about to decline, he has 2-3 more seasons of this high level play in him....if galloway can keep playing well, TO can, and TO is a beast at keeping himself in condition. Braylon is of course an up and coming elite wide. outside of gates, winslow, and witten, the other tight ends are a crap shoot. keeping winslow secures your TE spot and gives you and advantage at that spot vs most other teams.

i wouldn't keep mcgahee, the ravens are going to lose jonathan ogden to retirement. kevin jones gets hurt way too much for my liking as a keeper. you can use your early picks on running backs next year.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:33 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Ok, Winslow is not going to put up numbers rivaling Owens; Owens is at 1300 yards and 14 TDs right now. Winslow has 900 and 5, which is awesome for a TE but not even close to TO. You obviously keep TO and Braylon Edwards, that makes you set at WR. You have to keep McGahee as a solid RB option and the fourth is up to you, really. I'd probably keep Winslow or Jennings, but probably Winslow since you are stacked at WR. Romo is definitely an option too.

granted TO just turn 34, so he will be 35 nxt year, while winslow is getting older...I didnt say Winslow would keep pace with TO, I said his numbers will rival his next year, and being that Winslows production is coming from the tight end position and in the peak of his prime I value that higher then the production you get from TO

How bout I take an estimated guess on where they would project to finish next year, which is just an educated guess upon where they are this year and where they could/should finish next year

Winslow : 1200 yds 8 tds
TO: 1200 10 tds (which is excellent for a 35 yr old wr to say the least)

Of course I think that is best case scenario for both, IMHO im taking the production from the TE position, because its alot harder to find a TE who is putting up those numbers, vs finding a wr that puts up the numbers TO would...I would have a much easier time picking up a wr in the draft late, or rolling with a guy due to injuries to put up decent wr numbers vs a tight end giving you points like that

but thats just me because I value tight ends more so then most people, as I feel like if you have a tight end who can give you 20 pts in a good week, instead of 6-8 on a good week, I think you would be alot more well rounded
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Another thing you shouldn't overlook about Winslow is that he isn't even fully healthy right now. He's already said numerous times that hes playing around 75-80% at best.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Humpback » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:39 pm

LS2throwed wrote:How bout I take an estimated guess on where they would project to finish next year, which is just an educated guess upon where they are this year and where they could/should finish next year

Of course I think that is best case scenario for both, IMHO im taking the production from the TE position, because its alot harder to find a TE who is putting up those numbers, vs finding a wr that puts up the numbers TO would...I would have a much easier time picking up a wr in the draft late, or rolling with a guy due to injuries to put up decent wr numbers vs a tight end giving you points like that

You do realize that TO is on pace for over 1600 yds. and 18 TDs this season, right? How can you go from that to 1200 and 10 being "best case scenario", just because he's going to be one year older? I wouldn't predict him to repeat these numbers next year necessarily, but 1200 and 10 is way too low for a ceiling IMO. I like Winslow as well, but he won't put up similar numbers to TO next season (barring injury).

By the way, those are some ridiculous WR keeper options, but I don't think I'd keep Jennings over Boldin, TO, or Edwards (and you can probably only keep 2 of them).
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:03 pm

Humpback wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:How bout I take an estimated guess on where they would project to finish next year, which is just an educated guess upon where they are this year and where they could/should finish next year

You do realize that TO is on pace for over 1600 yds. and 18 TDs this season, right? How can you go from that to 1200 and 10 being "best case scenario", just because he's going to be one year older? I wouldn't predict him to repeat these numbers next year necessarily, but 1200 and 10 is way too low for a ceiling IMO. I like Winslow as well, but he won't put up similar numbers to TO next season (barring injury).

By the way, those are some ridiculous WR keeper options, but I don't think I'd keep Jennings over Boldin, TO, or Edwards (and you can probably only keep 2 of them).

Yes I realize he is on pace for 1600 yds and 18 tds, but you do realize that he gets one year older also right?? Thus that being said I dont expect him to put up 1500 yds and 14 tds next year, he would have to stay completely healthy, and basically be putting up top 3 best season he ever had...I mean granted he is still going to be a factor, but since when is 1200 yds and 10 tds a down year for a 35 year old guy?? Yes he has a chance to outperform those numbers, but he also has a chance to go under due to age/injuries, its just something to keep in mind, its a KEEPER league, and id prefer to KEEP the te in the midst of his prime over the wr at age 35

And once again for those that have me mistaken, NEVER have I said Winslow will surpass or put up better numbers then TO next year...BUT at the same time, for a guy who is basically a wr playing TE, and will put up roughly 1200 yds and 8 tds in a high powered offense, and not even being fully healthy...thus winslow will put up numbers that will RIVAL those of TO's, he probably wont beat him out in yds or tds, but if he is within 300 yds, and 4-5 td range, who wouldnt take that at TE

tahts my whole point, give me the tight end putting up 1200 and 8, over the wr putting up 1400 and 10, especially when age comes into play with a keeper league which is something you keep in mind...I know I could draft a wr or find one due to injury to put up respectable numbers ever week, how many tight ends are you just going to "find" to put up those numbers?
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Popcynical » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:09 am

I'd keep Winslow over Jennings if it was a PPR league... otherwise I'd probably keep Jennings.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk