Greg Jennings- semi-elite? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Greg Jennings- semi-elite?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Greg Jennings- semi-elite?

Postby Humpback » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:45 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
Humpback wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:How bout I take an estimated guess on where they would project to finish next year, which is just an educated guess upon where they are this year and where they could/should finish next year

Winslow : 1200 yds 8 tds
TO: 1200 10 tds (which is excellent for a 35 yr old wr to say the least)

Of course I think that is best case scenario for both, IMHO im taking the production from the TE position, because its alot harder to find a TE who is putting up those numbers, vs finding a wr that puts up the numbers TO would...I would have a much easier time picking up a wr in the draft late, or rolling with a guy due to injuries to put up decent wr numbers vs a tight end giving you points like that

You do realize that TO is on pace for over 1600 yds. and 18 TDs this season, right? How can you go from that to 1200 and 10 being "best case scenario", just because he's going to be one year older? I wouldn't predict him to repeat these numbers next year necessarily, but 1200 and 10 is way too low for a ceiling IMO. I like Winslow as well, but he won't put up similar numbers to TO next season (barring injury).

By the way, those are some ridiculous WR keeper options, but I don't think I'd keep Jennings over Boldin, TO, or Edwards (and you can probably only keep 2 of them).

Yes I realize he is on pace for 1600 yds and 18 tds, but you do realize that he gets one year older also right?? Thus that being said I dont expect him to put up 1500 yds and 14 tds next year, he would have to stay completely healthy, and basically be putting up top 3 best season he ever had...I mean granted he is still going to be a factor, but since when is 1200 yds and 10 tds a down year for a 35 year old guy?? Yes he has a chance to outperform those numbers, but he also has a chance to go under due to age/injuries, its just something to keep in mind, its a KEEPER league, and id prefer to KEEP the te in the midst of his prime over the wr at age 35

And once again for those that have me mistaken, NEVER have I said Winslow will surpass or put up better numbers then TO next year...BUT at the same time, for a guy who is basically a wr playing TE, and will put up roughly 1200 yds and 8 tds in a high powered offense, and not even being fully healthy...thus winslow will put up numbers that will RIVAL those of TO's, he probably wont beat him out in yds or tds, but if he is within 300 yds, and 4-5 td range, who wouldnt take that at TE

tahts my whole point, give me the tight end putting up 1200 and 8, over the wr putting up 1400 and 10, especially when age comes into play with a keeper league which is something you keep in mind...I know I could draft a wr or find one due to injury to put up respectable numbers ever week, how many tight ends are you just going to "find" to put up those numbers?

Well, isn't TO one year older this season than he was last season? He didn't exactly decline this season from last, did he? Like I said, I'm not expecting 1600+ and 18+ again next year, but you said 1200 and 10 was "best case scenario", and I'd argue that's closer to worst case scenario. He keeps himself in ridiculous shape, better than most 25 yr. old NFL players. 1200 and 10 is a down year when you're TO, coming off of a way better season, isn't it?

Anyway, I wouldn't keep Winslow in this situation, I'd probably keep Romo actually (depending on the scoring). Gates would be the only TE I'd consider keeping if you only keep 4 players.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:23 pm

I like how this thread turned into an owner's roster question. :-b

I've got the Romo and Owens connection in a couple leagues and its been deadly.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:32 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
Calyxes wrote:I have a good problem to have. We keep four players in our league. I really want to keep Jennings but I am not sure I can. Plus, I went to WMU and saw him play alot. He is fun to watch. Just don't have room to keep him though.

QB: Romo, Favre
RB: McGahee, K. Jones, Alexander, Turner, Betts
WR: Owens, Edwards, Jenning, Boldin, Evans
TE: Winslow

Personally id keep romo, k jones, edwards and winslow

You would keep KJ over McGahee and even Turner?? Turner should be good for someone next year. Unless KJ gets the hell out of Detroit he will never be anything.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:24 am

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:
Calyxes wrote:I have a good problem to have. We keep four players in our league. I really want to keep Jennings but I am not sure I can. Plus, I went to WMU and saw him play alot. He is fun to watch. Just don't have room to keep him though.

QB: Romo, Favre
RB: McGahee, K. Jones, Alexander, Turner, Betts
WR: Owens, Edwards, Jenning, Boldin, Evans
TE: Winslow

Personally id keep romo, k jones, edwards and winslow

You would keep KJ over McGahee and even Turner?? Turner should be good for someone next year. Unless KJ gets the hell out of Detroit he will never be anything.

over Turner yes because i dont know where he will end up, if he will split carries etc...KJ is still a beast and next year he will be 100%, he gets all his goal line carries in detroit and I think going pass happy is due to his lingering foot problem, last year he was consistently putting up 20 pts, and he is supposed to be unhappy so he could easily go somewhere to be the feature back...Mcgahee has the same if not mroe value and you could make a case to keep him as well, really doesnt matter, I just like the higher ceiling for KJ next year, better offense, and I know how good it can work when he is able to be out there all the time
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ivesaidway2much » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:20 pm

There's nothing semi about Jennings' elite status. At this point he's a bonafide WR1.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stepsinsc » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:56 pm

ivesaidway2much wrote:There's nothing semi about Jennings' elite status. At this point he's a bonafide WR1.

Agreed, although I'm done for this year, he's making feel much better about having Holt as my #1 in an established keeper league. I'm optimistic that I fell into Jennings as someone for Holt to pass the torch too.
stepsinsc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Stelly » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:00 pm

So, I benched Jennings for Roddy White this week (TO and Housh are my other WRs).

I'm down 14 going into tonight's game. Jennings would have gotten me 16 and the win in a playoff game.

LET'S GO RODDY WHITE!!
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)