SNOW SNOW SNOW! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:50 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Metroid wrote:I'm not implying that you or anyone here does stuff like that just stating what I've seen out there the past couple days. ;-)

Well, you better start implying O:-)

Ok well go easy out there, your blood pressure will thank you. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:56 pm

what frusturates me in Michigan is that they always seem to plow the middle lane of a 3-lane highway just fine, but the left lane is always poorly plowed, so you have little pockets of snow spilling in. so you have everyone trying to drive in the middle lane (or the right lane...but i have no time for that) going super slow, but it's so hard to pass in the left (or drive constantly in the left) because every 1/2 mile or so you have that packed snow sitting there that you know is just waiting to cause a wipeout
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Metroid wrote:I don't know why but it kinda bugs me when people complain about "people who don't know how to drive in the snow."

Who, me? ;-7 :-b

Well my dear fellow Duck fan, I hope my rant wasn't offensive to you. ;-) I was just a little peeved because all the responsible truckers chained up to drive through curving hills on a sheet of I-5 ice... EXCEPT THE FREAKING BOZO WHO DECIDED TO COMPLETELY STOP TRAFFIC IN BOTH LANES FOR TWO HOURS 'CAUSE HE SPUN OUT!!

Harumph. :^

But to agree with you, I would prefer people drive slow so we don't have wrecks, death, and mayhem.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:48 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:I don't know why but it kinda bugs me when people complain about "people who don't know how to drive in the snow."

Who, me? ;-7 :-b

Well my dear fellow Duck fan, I hope my rant wasn't offensive to you. ;-) I was just a little peeved because all the responsible truckers chained up to drive through curving hills on a sheet of I-5 ice... EXCEPT THE FREAKING BOZO WHO DECIDED TO COMPLETELY STOP TRAFFIC IN BOTH LANES FOR TWO HOURS 'CAUSE HE SPUN OUT!!

Harumph. :^

But to agree with you, I would prefer people drive slow so we don't have wrecks, death, and mayhem.

Nah man, didn't offend me at all. I was directing my initial post more towards bonez....and really that post wasn't really directed at him either for the most part. I was really just using it as a springboard to comment on how I think it sucks when people are rude to others out on the road in bad weather. Bitching about crappy drivers I don't have a problem with at all...heck I do it myself all the time, taking it a step further and bitching at the crappy drivers and giving them a hard time I don't like. Some people obviously have trouble out there, giving the the finger, honking, or zipping around them hardly makes things easier for them. Again I'm not insinuating anybody here does that just commenting on what I've seen around town the past couple days.

In fact I had someone yell at me the other day. I got caught at a light on a hill on the way home from work and for the life of me could not get the truck to gain traction...even in 4WD. I started sliding backward so I put my hazards on and very slowly backed down the hill until I could turn around. Well halfway down the hill some jerkoff going the other direction yelled "What are you doing dumbass!?!?" Hardly helpful.... :-[
Metroid

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:30 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:what frusturates me in Michigan is that they always seem to plow the middle lane of a 3-lane highway just fine, but the left lane is always poorly plowed, so you have little pockets of snow spilling in. so you have everyone trying to drive in the middle lane (or the right lane...but i have no time for that) going super slow, but it's so hard to pass in the left (or drive constantly in the left) because every 1/2 mile or so you have that packed snow sitting there that you know is just waiting to cause a wipeout

They do the same thing on a lot of the roads in Minny. It's just plain frustrating. :~(
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:31 am

Man, we have had 18-24 inches in the last 36 hours in Eastern Washington, and everything has come to a near stand-still! The wife and I are being blessed with a 4-day, paid weekend though, so I can't complain :-D ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:51 am

in Detroit we have about 6" with another 6" yet to come...of course today is my last day of work for the year :-C
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:25 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:in Detroit we have about 6" with another 6" yet to come...of course today is my last day of work for the year :-C

Already had the snowblower out once ;-D Getting ready to go back out again :-t
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:11 pm

Metroid wrote:Some people obviously have trouble out there

Wow... I barely missed having an accident this morning. Ice and snow, and I'm doing about 50 in the passing lane about to overtake a car that is behind a semi. Out of nowhere (no blinker or anything) the car (going much slower) cuts into my lane. I'm immediately on the brakes with the ABS doing its thing and wasn't stopping in time, so swerved onto the shoulder with my horn honking and just made it by without a wreck. And he's got his head out the window yelling at ME.

Some people just have no clue. :-t
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:25 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:Some people obviously have trouble out there

Wow... I barely missed having an accident this morning. Ice and snow, and I'm doing about 50 in the passing lane about to overtake a car that is behind a semi. Out of nowhere (no blinker or anything) the car (going much slower) cuts into my lane. I'm immediately on the brakes with the ABS doing its thing and wasn't stopping in time, so swerved onto the shoulder with my horn honking and just made it by without a wreck. And he's got his head out the window yelling at ME.

Some people just have no clue. :-t

No good at all...we still have snow coming down up here. Still snowing in Roseburg? Supposed to keep snowing all next week then rain on Christmas, why can't it snow on Christmas. :-[
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk