SNOW SNOW SNOW! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby treat24 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:30 pm

I hate how people park in snow covered parking lots... so I bought a pack of these bumper stickers to slap on cars...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:39 pm

treat24 wrote:I hate how people park in snow covered parking lots... so I bought a pack of these bumper stickers to slap on cars...

Oh man I have to get some of those. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:53 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:in Detroit we have about 6" with another 6" yet to come...of course today is my last day of work for the year :-C

Already had the snowblower out once ;-D Getting ready to go back out again :-t

i woke up late for work today (boss told me to take my time anyway) so i decided to shovel the back deck and the front walk and save the snow-blowing for when i get home (assuming the old girl will start up :-o ). if not it's half-assed shoveling job time ;-D

usually the snowblower is more of a hassle than it's worth (our yard isnt that big), but 6+" i'll fire it up
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:16 am

Man it's really built up here today, it's gotta be some kind of record for the area...in the backyard my garbage cans are nearly buried. 8-o

Ginger from yesterday before it really started coming down. :-)
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:49 am

Metroid wrote:Man it's really built up here today, it's gotta be some kind of record for the area...in the backyard my garbage cans are nearly buried. 8-o

Wow... it's been more than a few years since I've seen that much snow. It's fine if ya've got no where to go and have all you need to sit home for a few days, otherwise, what a headache!

No snow here. Single digit temps and winds up to 45mph, so -10 to -20 wind chill. I had the fireplace goin by 8:30 this morning B-) Not planning to step outside today. Gee, I hope there's something on TV!
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:11 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Man it's really built up here today, it's gotta be some kind of record for the area...in the backyard my garbage cans are nearly buried. 8-o

Wow... it's been more than a few years since I've seen that much snow. It's fine if ya've got no where to go and have all you need to sit home for a few days, otherwise, what a headache!

No snow here. Single digit temps and winds up to 45mph, so -10 to -20 wind chill. I had the fireplace goin by 8:30 this morning B-) Not planning to step outside today. Gee, I hope there's something on TV!

To be fair most of the snow in the backyard is from drift and it had nowhere to go because of my fence but there is still A LOT of snow out there. The cars are completely froze over, at least an inch or so layer of iced over snow covering them. I had to shovel a path through the back patio and to the grass just so ginger could get out there to go to the bathroom. :-D

22 degrees out there right now with a win chill of 15....not all that cold. We're supposed to get sleet or snow or ice pellets or or some other variation of frozen water. Coast range highways got 2 feet of snow overnight and are completely closed. Amtrack service is shut down from Eugene to Portland and from Portland to Eugene, no buses are running those routes either. Most buses around town are chained and running but very delayed. The Max(lightrail) is very delayed or not running in areas, the Redline to the airport isn't running....but that doesn't really mater because there are insane delays and cancellations at PDX. Sucks because Shannons mom is supposed to fly in on Tuesday and more crappy weather is expected. :-t
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Nothing here, but there's snow in NE and I"m lovin it ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:36 pm

Some more pics...

House last night...

House this morning...

Gingers trail...

Patio...

Buried garbage...

Ginger... :-B
Metroid

Postby SJNez46 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:18 pm

We got almost 2 feet up here. But we are about as north as you can go though in the US.
SNOW DAYYY!!! :-D
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:31 pm

^^ Ginger looks none too happy about the snow. I guess you can take the girl out of california but not the california out of the girl.

Hey Met - get her some of those fake antlers for dogs and post a pic in the man's best friend thread.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk