SNOW SNOW SNOW! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby Tyeattolah » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:47 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:I don't think we've even gotten an inch here in DC yet this winter. Stupid global warming... :-b

But the big system that's gonna hit the east coast is supposed to give us 3 or 4 inches, which is more than enough to cancel school here. Everyone down here freaks out way too much about snow.

lol! I was in Norfolk, VA last week. They had a winter storm advisory on Monday and were predicting 3-5 inches. MInd you this was just a prediction. They closed all Norfolk and Virginia Beach schools on Tuesday and we didn't get 1 flake! Overreaction, but on their behalf they are not equipped to handle that much snow on their roads either.

8-o
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Tyeattolah wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:I don't think we've even gotten an inch here in DC yet this winter. Stupid global warming... :-b

But the big system that's gonna hit the east coast is supposed to give us 3 or 4 inches, which is more than enough to cancel school here. Everyone down here freaks out way too much about snow.

lol! I was in Norfolk, VA last week. They had a winter storm advisory on Monday and were predicting 3-5 inches. MInd you this was just a prediction. They closed all Norfolk and Virginia Beach schools on Tuesday and we didn't get 1 flake! Overreaction, but on their behalf they are not equipped to handle that much snow on their roads either.

8-o

looks like we could get a pretty good shellackin' tonight, eh? I'm stoked. B-) ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Madison » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Looks like a big ice storm headed our way Tuesday. :-P

Snow is fun, ice stinks. :~(

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:24 am

we were supposed to get like 5 inches, and we got like 1. Freakin' meteorologists.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:27 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:we were supposed to get like 5 inches, and we got like 1. Freakin' meteorologists.

It is saying that it will pass below us with about 1-3 inches....that means lookout 10-14 inches 8-o
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Two inches of snow, and school is canceled. And with sleet and freezing rain in the forecast for tonight, I'd put our chances of school tomorrow at about 2%.

Ah, I love our area's incompetence with regards to snow removal.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:40 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Two inches of snow, and school is canceled. And with sleet and freezing rain in the forecast for tonight, I'd put our chances of school tomorrow at about 2%.

Ah, I love our area's incompetence with regards to snow removal.

Okay, so now you have my hopes up for tomorrow. You better be right... :-b

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tyeattolah » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:16 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:we were supposed to get like 5 inches, and we got like 1. Freakin' meteorologists.

you must be on the Northwest side of STL. We have at least 4 inches of snow/ice this side of the river...a little east and a little south of STL. No school, no work (with the exception I'm working from home) ;-D :-D

Shoveled the freakin driveway twice to be able to get out and then back in...whoever decided to build this steep driveway should be commited ... :-P
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:26 pm

%@#$!!! my drive home that normally takes 30 minutes took 150. I Hate snow. And we're just going to get more over night. I brought my laptop home, I foresee a work-at-home day tomorrow for Scott. :-[

snow sucks.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Madison » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:01 am

338 car accidents between 3 PM and 9 PM tonight in Fort Worth. Put a little sleet/freezing rain out there and us Texans don't know what to do when driving on that strange, weird, unusual, wet, frozen stuff. :-b

Kiddo has a snow day tomorrow though as it's only going to get worse the rest of the evening. Supposed to get into the 40's tomorrow afternoon, so he will only get the one day off. :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk