SNOW SNOW SNOW! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby The Lung » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:44 pm

Everyone on the East Coast is freaking right now because of a snowstorm moving in. Where I am outside of Philadelphia, 8 to 14 inches of fluff is expected. 8-o
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:33 pm

I think the entire D.C. area is going to shut down. We can't handle 3 inches of snow let alone the one to two feet being called for.

So now I'm going to have to deal with all the weekend Christmas shoppers on Monday. Great. :-P
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:48 am

It's snowing here. The big, slow-falling flakes. It would be pretty if I didn't have to go out in it. Gotta stock up on beer, get the oil changed, and oh yeah, Christmas shop.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby m16a » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Right outside Philly, it looks like we have a fluffy 6 inches or so laying around, with the snow still steadily falling and the weather saying the worst is yet to come apparently... :-o ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 48)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:47 pm

m16a wrote:Right outside Philly, it looks like we have a fluffy 6 inches or so laying around, with the snow still steadily falling and the weather saying the worst is yet to come apparently... :-o ;-D

It's coming, believe me. We have nearly two feet in the D.C. suburbs. Besides a little shoveling, I haven't left my house yet today and probably won't tomorrow either.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:13 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
m16a wrote:Right outside Philly, it looks like we have a fluffy 6 inches or so laying around, with the snow still steadily falling and the weather saying the worst is yet to come apparently... :-o ;-D

It's coming, believe me. We have nearly two feet in the D.C. suburbs. Besides a little shoveling, I haven't left my house yet today and probably won't tomorrow either.

Good luck, guys. A ton of snow really sucks. Last time I thought a bunch of snow was cool was the blizzard of '78, when I got a month off school. Otherwise, it's a serious charley-foxtrot. Even worse that this is one of the biggest travel weeks of the year.

This reminds me that I need to get gas and 2-cycle oil for my snow thrower.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:57 pm

I'm in Roanoke, VA, we got around 20 in. My power was out from 10am sat to 10am sunday. It was a frigit 56 when my thermostat came back on. My road still hasn't been plowed so I haven't ventured out.
KCollins1304
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:25 pm

I was hoping this wouldn't come, but just got a weather alert for snow. Wed. night through Fri. morning they're currently predicting up to 7" of the white. (insert joke). I know that's not much compared to what some areas get, but Indianapolis becomes a post-apocalyptic disaster zone when we just get flurries. 7 will shut much of the town down.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:48 pm

most of the area got 4-5". The mayor encouraged anyone who could leave work early to do so, to disperse the evening rush hour. To play it safe I packed up my work laptop and left at lunch :-)

I love my snow machine. It's over thirty years old and hasn't been started in a year. I put in a fresh fuel mixture, primed it, plugged it in and hit start and it fired up within 3 seconds.

The guy down the street shoveling gave me an envious look. But, he's not elderly and I'm not ORS, so I didn't do my neighbor's drives. (they were already done, and I did at least make an effort not to throw all my snow into their shoveled area.) I did clear most of the sidewalks around the cul-de-sac, since we're technically supposed to keep those unobstructed.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:09 pm

I can't even imagine what -20 is like let alone 0. I stepped out in some pretty cold weather in a Mammouth Blizzard and just about died in 20 seconds. It was probably only 10-20 degrees out.

It is 50's and 60's here in Cali. :-)
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk