SNOW SNOW SNOW! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:22 am

scottaa1 wrote:I know that's not much compared to what some areas get, but Indianapolis becomes a post-apocalyptic disaster zone when we just get flurries.


We got 1"-2" tonight in the Atlanta area and 3 or 4 counties have all ready canceled school tomorrow. If there's even a rumor of snow or ice, everything shuts down.
Image
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 232
Joined: 3 Oct 2009
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Carrollton, GA

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Colder here than Alaska right now. -2 and still snowing. This cold will outright kill you.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Busted out the snowblower last night for the first time this winter ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15306
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:09 pm

dream_017 wrote:Busted out the snowblower last night for the first time this winter ;-D


lightweight...i just used the shovel :-b

although you may have gotten more snow where you live, plus i dont know how big your driveway, etc is

also a nice neighbor did our whole blocks sidewalk with a snowblower, so that saved me some time
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Busted out the snowblower last night for the first time this winter ;-D


lightweight...i just used the shovel :-b

although you may have gotten more snow where you live, plus i dont know how big your driveway, etc is

also a nice neighbor did our whole blocks sidewalk with a snowblower, so that saved me some time

Probably didn't need it but figured I will eventually and it was a pretty mild night so I got her all set-up instead of waiting for the huge snowstorm and blowing wind to get it all ready. I usually do both neighbors walks ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15306
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Colder here than Alaska right now. -2 and still snowing. This cold will outright kill you.


crank up your heat and open your windows... that cold is heading my way. Think I'm gunna buy a snuggie on my way home :-b
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:45 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Colder here than Alaska right now. -2 and still snowing. This cold will outright kill you.


crank up your heat and open your windows... that cold is heading my way. Think I'm gunna buy a snuggie on my way home :-b


It's brutal man. They say not to be out in it for more than 10 minutes I guess. I was out there yesterday shoveling (again :-° ) and got a phone call. So I take the call real quick and it takes 30 seconds of not moving and my fingers start tingling and I start shivering. I know NFL, being a former Alaskan resident, will scoff at this, but this is killer temps. Does not take long to die out there in this cold. :-o !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote: Does not take long to die out there in this cold. :-o !+)


Yeah, but it's a dry cold ;-)

I bought myself a snuggie on the way home. I think I'm gunna cut a hole in the front and call it a fappie. :-B
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby Metroid » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:59 am

scottaa1 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote: Does not take long to die out there in this cold. :-o !+)


Yeah, but it's a dry cold ;-)

I bought myself a snuggie on the way home. I think I'm gunna cut a hole in the front and call it a fappie. :-B

I think you need help. :-b

And before you say anything, "help" is referring to your mental state. I am not helping you cut a hole to make a fappie.....but let me know how it works out. :-B
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:59 am

Metroid wrote:I think you need help. :-b

And before you say anything, "help" is referring to your mental state. I am not helping you cut a hole to make a fappie.....but let me know how it works out. :-B


I took my fappie with me to a rock band party at a friend's house last night. I got the camel-colored one. I put it on and use the lightsaber app on my iPhone to do an obi-wan kenobi impersonation ;-D
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:17 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact