SNOW SNOW SNOW! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:22 am

scottaa1 wrote:I know that's not much compared to what some areas get, but Indianapolis becomes a post-apocalyptic disaster zone when we just get flurries.

We got 1"-2" tonight in the Atlanta area and 3 or 4 counties have all ready canceled school tomorrow. If there's even a rumor of snow or ice, everything shuts down.
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Colder here than Alaska right now. -2 and still snowing. This cold will outright kill you.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Busted out the snowblower last night for the first time this winter ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:09 pm

dream_017 wrote:Busted out the snowblower last night for the first time this winter ;-D

lightweight...i just used the shovel :-b

although you may have gotten more snow where you live, plus i dont know how big your driveway, etc is

also a nice neighbor did our whole blocks sidewalk with a snowblower, so that saved me some time
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Busted out the snowblower last night for the first time this winter ;-D

lightweight...i just used the shovel :-b

although you may have gotten more snow where you live, plus i dont know how big your driveway, etc is

also a nice neighbor did our whole blocks sidewalk with a snowblower, so that saved me some time

Probably didn't need it but figured I will eventually and it was a pretty mild night so I got her all set-up instead of waiting for the huge snowstorm and blowing wind to get it all ready. I usually do both neighbors walks ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Colder here than Alaska right now. -2 and still snowing. This cold will outright kill you.

crank up your heat and open your windows... that cold is heading my way. Think I'm gunna buy a snuggie on my way home :-b
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:45 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Colder here than Alaska right now. -2 and still snowing. This cold will outright kill you.

crank up your heat and open your windows... that cold is heading my way. Think I'm gunna buy a snuggie on my way home :-b

It's brutal man. They say not to be out in it for more than 10 minutes I guess. I was out there yesterday shoveling (again :-° ) and got a phone call. So I take the call real quick and it takes 30 seconds of not moving and my fingers start tingling and I start shivering. I know NFL, being a former Alaskan resident, will scoff at this, but this is killer temps. Does not take long to die out there in this cold. :-o !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote: Does not take long to die out there in this cold. :-o !+)

Yeah, but it's a dry cold ;-)

I bought myself a snuggie on the way home. I think I'm gunna cut a hole in the front and call it a fappie. :-B
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:59 am

scottaa1 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote: Does not take long to die out there in this cold. :-o !+)

Yeah, but it's a dry cold ;-)

I bought myself a snuggie on the way home. I think I'm gunna cut a hole in the front and call it a fappie. :-B

I think you need help. :-b

And before you say anything, "help" is referring to your mental state. I am not helping you cut a hole to make a fappie.....but let me know how it works out. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:59 am

Metroid wrote:I think you need help. :-b

And before you say anything, "help" is referring to your mental state. I am not helping you cut a hole to make a fappie.....but let me know how it works out. :-B

I took my fappie with me to a rock band party at a friend's house last night. I got the camel-colored one. I put it on and use the lightsaber app on my iPhone to do an obi-wan kenobi impersonation ;-D
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk