SNOW SNOW SNOW! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:28 pm

Snow and sleet here. It's a mess out. Indiana sounds like a few other places mentioned here. A couple inches in the forecast and there's a run on the grocery for supplies like it's the next ice age coming. I feel the same way Treat does, it's not the conditions that are really all that dangerous, its the other drivers.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:33 pm

I don't understand it. People in Minnesota freak out when there is so on the ground and drive like they have never seen it before! It never ceases to amaze me at the first few snow falls of the year people either drive suuuuuuper slow, which does more bad than good, or they drive like nothing has changed and they are going 80 mph on the highway.....Stupid people....When it snows I actually drive the speed limit, and if ti's bad I'll drive 5-7 under. Simple as that.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:41 pm

Tiki wrote: people either drive suuuuuuper slow, which does more bad than good, or they drive like nothing has changed and they are going 80 mph on the highway

Haha, exactly... on the drive home from work yesterday we were having snow showers. It hadn't been snowing for very long so it was just snow blowing around on otherwise dry roads. There were people on the beltway running 75 and there were people barely doing 40. Like I said, other drivers are more dangerous than the actual road conditions. Fortunately where I work has a mentality of 'if you can't get here due to conditions, don't worry about it. If the conditions aren't so bad that you feel you can't drive, don't worry about being late.' So if there's snow coming down and I hear on the traffic report that there's a 100 slide offs and crashes, I'll just wait till 9AM to leave the house and get in late and no one will say a word about it. ;-D
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:29 pm

I leave in about two hours for angel fire. :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:51 pm

We got a good snowing yesterday! Now it's windy as all hell today! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:05 pm

Just got back from angelfire. Man, I wish I lived closer to a slope than I do so I could go more often. :-/
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:00 pm

it was 75 degrees today and it's supposed to snow overnight. :-b Missouri.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:06 pm

This rain is supposed to be switching to freezing rain for the evening and then snow on top of the ice over night. That'll be fun. Then sunny and 40 tomorrow to make sure my car is extra dirty.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:37 pm

White death is comin through here. Up to 10 inches by Saturday night! ;-D ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:59 am

I'm calling BS on the weatherman. He said 4-8 inches...

It's suppose to snow all day, in just the last couple hours we've already gotten 4 inches where I live. This either better stop or slow down, it's kind of annoying.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk