SNOW SNOW SNOW! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:16 am

You poor people, it's been between 70 and 75 degrees here the past couple weeks at least. Shorts and a T-shirt everyday. :-/ :-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:02 am

I just got an email from my Mom... they're supposed to get something like 8-10" in Chicago O:-)

We had a pretty mild winter in Indy this year. I didn't have to clear the driveway once. It either blew off or melted in a day or two.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:30 am

I had to turn the AC on in my car the other day. O:-) :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Metroid wrote:I had to turn the AC on in my car the other day. O:-) :-b

Me too. Played tennis for an hour or so and when I got back in my car I turned on the AC for the first time. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:43 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:

Me too. Played tennis for an hour or so and when I got back in my car I turned on the AC for the first time. :-b

me too though... it was in the high 40's / low 50's and sunny the other day and I had to turn on my AC in my car... :)

once the temp hits 75/80 I won't even go outside... then again I read something once about a Minnesota 80 being like an Arizona 110 ... because it's such a heavy wet humid type of heat... shrug... bogs you down, it sucks...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:48 pm

Metroid wrote:You poor people, it's been between 70 and 75 degrees here the past couple weeks at least. Shorts and a T-shirt everyday. :-/ :-)

I wear a tshirt in 20 degrees, it's a snowstorm out today and i wore warmups and a tshirt (and sandals, but that was stupid of me) to run my errands... I have a few underarmour and nike warm up pants that I wear in 20 below or 60 above... not a big shorts guy...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:50 pm

treat24 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

me too though... it was in the high 40's / low 50's and sunny the other day and I had to turn on my AC in my car... :)

once the temp hits 75/80 I won't even go outside...

Wimp :^
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:57 pm

treat24 wrote:once the temp hits 75/80 I won't even go outside... then again I read something once about a Minnesota 80 being like an Arizona 110 ... because it's such a heavy wet humid type of heat... shrug... bogs you down, it sucks...

I don't care for Indiana summers once it gets over 90. We get about the same heat/humidity as the rest of the midwest I'd assume. It's not as bad as some places though, I've been to the Galveston, TX area a few times and that was the most oppressive humidity I've ever experience outside of a steam room at the gym.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:01 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
treat24 wrote:once the temp hits 75/80 I won't even go outside...

Wimp :^

exactly, I can take the cold like nobody, joshua jackson (who filmed in MN for the 3 mighty ducks movies and has a new movie coming out called Shutter) was on the radio this morning here. He said he was from Canada and Canada never gets the kind of cold MN gets. He went on for a bit about how insane it is here. MN can be ridiculous. The thing is, our bodies learn to take the cold... then have trouble adjusting to heat. At least mine does... I hate warm temps... Gimme a 50-70 degree day with a nice breeze...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:02 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
treat24 wrote:once the temp hits 75/80 I won't even go outside... then again I read something once about a Minnesota 80 being like an Arizona 110 ... because it's such a heavy wet humid type of heat... shrug... bogs you down, it sucks...

I don't care for Indiana summers once it gets over 90. We get about the same heat/humidity as the rest of the midwest I'd assume. It's not as bad as some places though, I've been to the Galveston, TX area a few times and that was the most oppressive humidity I've ever experience outside of a steam room at the gym.

fun humidity is when you think it's raining out, but there are no clouds and you are just walking through dense humid air... :-) gotta love those days... you look up for the rain, cuz you feel drops of water hit your skin... but nope... just humidity :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk