Adrian Peterson (Vikes)? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Adrian Peterson (Vikes)?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adrian Peterson (Vikes)?

Postby 4Pack » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:00 pm

Not certain this is the correct forum...but here goes anyway.

Need some opinions on him. I am in a keeper league and a manager who is loaded at every position has informed me that AP is on the his trade block. He is looking for maybe another starting RB in return and a couple early round draft choices next season. This is a 10 team league and we all keep 6 players. I have managed to swing a couple lst round picks for next season and my RB's are Addai, Marion Barber and MJD.

Knowing that I probably have a shot at obtaining AP....my question(s) is...is AP more of an injury risk than other RB's? Was his season thus far (when healthy) sort of a fluke or can he actually be one of the best ever (as some people have said). Is giving up Barber or MJD along with a lst and maybe a 3rd a bit much for him or is it worth the risk?

Any opinions are greatly appreciated and if it is determined that I am in the wrong forum...feel free to move it! LOL
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adrian Peterson (Vikes)?

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:22 pm

With 6 keepers that "1st round pick" is basically a 7th round pick. Comparing MJD and that pick to AD is an absolute joke and something you should go after immediately (and don't be surprised when half the league wants to veto it). You are absolutely taking this guy to the cleaners, and he's a fool for even thinking about it.

As for whether or not this year was a fluke. Well, AD was one of the best RB prospects to come out in recent memory (only Bush came close to him as a prospect in the last decade or so), and from a pure talent standpoint he is already among the leagues elite right now and is mentioned in the same sentence as LT in that regard. Given that he did what he did this year with a dreadful passing game behind him, barring a COMPLETE collapse of the Minnesota Vikings franchise (like maybe 8 O-linemen getting hurt STL Rams style) this season should be a good preview of what you'll get from him going forward as well.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lordrevolution » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:33 pm

I was the anti ADP guy coming into this season, and aside from getting injured he's disproven me and then some. If all it takes is MJD and a seventh round pick, you go for it, cause this kid is a top 3 pick in redraft leagues next year.
Lordrevolution
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 4Pack » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:48 pm

All I can say is...he makes what seem like foolish deals...but those foolish deals always put him on top or near the top of the league. He is one of those managers that everything he touches turns to gold.

My guess is...I will make this deal and Adrian Peterson will turn out to be a bust or a habitual member of the injury report. Meanwhile MJD/Barber will be top 5 RB's and the pick I give him will be used on a rookie who will turn out to be the best fantasy football player that has ever been seen in modern times. I have stopped questioning this managers moves as...like I said..everything he does turns to gold.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:29 pm

Marshawn Lynch has missed more games then him and he had a healthy college career, you cant tell things like that, they happen at random...AD is a gamechanger though and still the best rb in the nfl
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:18 pm

4Pack wrote:All I can say is...he makes what seem like foolish deals...but those foolish deals always put him on top or near the top of the league. He is one of those managers that everything he touches turns to gold.

My guess is...I will make this deal and Adrian Peterson will turn out to be a bust or a habitual member of the injury report. Meanwhile MJD/Barber will be top 5 RB's and the pick I give him will be used on a rookie who will turn out to be the best fantasy football player that has ever been seen in modern times. I have stopped questioning this managers moves as...like I said..everything he does turns to gold.

In that case please deny the trade because I own AD in many leagues.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby 4Pack » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:02 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
4Pack wrote:All I can say is...he makes what seem like foolish deals...but those foolish deals always put him on top or near the top of the league. He is one of those managers that everything he touches turns to gold.

In that case please deny the trade because I own AD in many leagues.

LOL...love that!
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby ivesaidway2much » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:44 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Marshawn Lynch has missed more games then him and he had a healthy college career, you cant tell things like that, they happen at random...AD is a gamechanger though and still the best rb in the nfl
Is he the best RB in the NFL? Or is it the Vikings' line? Chester Taylor had a 200 yard game not too long ago running behind that same line. I'm not saying ADP isn't good, but I think there are quite a few backs that would do very well in Minnesota. Heck, even even a tip-toeing runner like Shaun Alexander looked great when he was running behind Steve Hutchinson.
Last edited by ivesaidway2much on Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby pangbones » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:51 pm

ivesaidway2much wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:Marshawn Lynch has missed more games then him and he had a healthy college career, you cant tell things like that, they happen at random...AD is a gamechanger though and still the best rb in the nfl
Is he the best RB in the NFL? Or is it the Vikings' line? Chester Taylor had a 200 yard rushing not too long ago running behind that same line. I'm not saying ADP isn't good, but I think there are quite a few backs that would do very well in Minnesota. Heck, even even a tip-toeing runner like Shaun Alexander looked great when he was running behind Hutchinson.

Yes he is the best in the NFL!! His comnination of power, and speed, is unmatched. Yes running behind that line makes him even better, but that alone doesn't make him great. He has skills and moves that you just don't see from one player. And he can take it to the house on any touch!! Imagine how good he'd be if Minnesota could throw the ball!! :-L Opponents stack the box and still can't stop him.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby russellzisky » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:56 am

Yards-per-carry in '07

Adrian 6.4
C Taylor 4.8
russellzisky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff