Adrian Peterson (Vikes)? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Adrian Peterson (Vikes)?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Adrian Peterson (Vikes)?

Postby WeekSixteen » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:33 pm

Lirano should be back. I think the Twins could still be pretty good if they trade Santana, if they keep him I will probably have to go to a number of Johan games. Its tough to watch the Twins in the Metrodome, I only go to a couple games a year and am ready to eat my brain by the 3rd inning, it's just not exciting.
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 4Pack » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:00 pm

Never been to the Metrodome. I have however been to the...geez..cannot remember what it is even called now. It is just down the street from the Metrodome. Went to the Twin Cities to watch the WCHA Final Five probably 7-8 years ago.

It was a spur of the moment decision to go and turned out to be an ordeal. My brother calls me up about noon on Saturday and said he has just had 2 tickets to the Final Five offered to him and wondered if I wanted to make the trip with him. Let's see...it is noon...gametime is 7:00...it is an hour drive to my brothers house in Baraboo...and another 3 hours or so to the Twin Cities..and a snow storm is bearing down on the midwest. Yep....I will go...see you about 2:00. Leave Baraboo around 2:30....get to the game in the middle of the 2nd period (after touring the Twin Cities lost for AT LEAST 2 hours...which I promise you had NOTHING at all to do with the hemp that we partook of back in those days). The Badgers lost...could not find our car in the parking ramp....drove back to Baraboo in the middle of a damn snowstorm.

The next day we laughed about it....but...it certainly took away a little of my "spur of the moment" personality that I was known for back then. LOL
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:07 pm

what is this thread about again? i forgot.

i'm loving having dwight howard right now ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 4Pack » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:11 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:what is this thread about again? i forgot.

i'm loving having dwight howard right now ;-D

LOL...yeah...got a little off topic. Imagine that...and I am the one who started the thread.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby AllDay » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:14 am

I probably would give up MJD and Barber for Peterson - the picks wouldn't bother me that much either.

In this case though, it starts out as one or the other then the guy decides 'nah I actually want both'? If he does that, then you need to get something back. Like not giving up any picks.

If you can only start 2 RB's locking up Addai and Peterson is too tempting to pass up. I'd try to do the deal and not worry so much about your pre-draft RB depth.

I'm really down on him just deciding you need to include both players. That's a huge change in your offer, and if he doesn't give something up for that new demand I'd probably have to say no just on principle.

Santana is as good as gone. Sounds like the Red Sox are still talking late into the night. I'd have preferred to get Hughes, but as long as you are getting talent back I have no problem trading away a pitcher you have gotten incredible production from and would struggle to sign to another contract. Even if he manages to start the year for the Twins he will be traded by the deadline.

Liriano is on schedule to be ready for spring training is all I've heard since he finished rehab in mid October.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk