The downfall of a board icon - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

The downfall of a board icon

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The downfall of a board icon

Postby dream_017 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:56 am

Great points by everybody, but one thing that has not been mentioned is...the use of the baggie as a regular avatar. I know it will be hard to monitor and there is really no way of making sure people don't do it, but the baggie avatar was specifically for losing a challenge...now people wear them for any reason at all...just look at the Lions forum :,-( Maybe we need to create a new av....maybe something similar to what Treat mentioned, having something to do with the team that beat you (colors or such)...just throwing out ideas.

I really like the pre-defined list of games...but we should be able to add on the fly. A Dallas/GB this year should be worthy (both 9-1 or whatever they were at the time)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:59 am

how about if you make a challenge and you lose, you wear an avatar supporting the team you lost to?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:32 am

dream_017 wrote:I really like the pre-defined list of games...but we should be able to add on the fly. A Dallas/GB this year should be worthy (both 9-1 or whatever they were at the time)

I posted this last page.

treat24 wrote:If there is a game that deserves a PBC, you propose it in that thread a week or more before the game. It will get added, assuming it fits the criteria or is deserving

I completely agree about people using the baggie avs as their regular avs. I think that might be almost impossible to control. (LOL @ Lions forum) ...

It does almost have to be something new. Like Jason mentioned about using the opposite teams av. That will get people confused about which team you root for. Which may be pretty mean. I would hate dawning a bears av so much it hurts. no offense to bears fans. Like I said. I will work on the "New Thread" this weekend. Then we can start tweaking. Hopefully have a slightly new system for the playoffs.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby moochman » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:53 am

I know it is probably hard to fit into an av, but what if you have baggies with p'wnd on them and a logo of the team that beat them? Or maybe a banner instead of an avatar?
It would take a lot of work but maybe we see if there are any volunteers who could make up a bunch of banners for PBCs. They could clearly indicate that a PBC was lost and even who you team is. Just a thought.

As for my baggie, I lost a PBC vs the Cowgirls so...

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:50 am

When I'm not forced to where ambiguous av/sig combos... i enjoy having my av. I would much rather change my sig when I lose. There is a lot more you can fit into a sig. Check out Moon's sig. The vikes beat the bears and he was forced to put that on. I still laugh at it. There might be something to that. People love their sigs though.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:41 pm

:-t
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby moochman » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:41 am

treat24 wrote:When I'm not forced to where ambiguous av/sig combos... i enjoy having my av. I would much rather change my sig when I lose. There is a lot more you can fit into a sig. Check out Moon's sig. The vikes beat the bears and he was forced to put that on. I still laugh at it. There might be something to that. People love their sigs though.

People loving their sig only makes it mean more to participate in a PBC. And it's only for a week.
There is a problem with that though...I didn't even notice Moon's sig...thought he was a Vikes fan!!!! :-b :-b :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby moonhead » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:46 pm

moochman wrote:
treat24 wrote:When I'm not forced to where ambiguous av/sig combos... i enjoy having my av. I would much rather change my sig when I lose. There is a lot more you can fit into a sig. Check out Moon's sig. The vikes beat the bears and he was forced to put that on. I still laugh at it. There might be something to that. People love their sigs though.

People loving their sig only makes it mean more to participate in a PBC. And it's only for a week.
There is a problem with that though...I didn't even notice Moon's sig...thought he was a Vikes fan!!!! :-b :-b :-b

just wait until the bears roll the vikings. neck beard ftw. treat will rue the day we made that bet!
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Munboy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:45 am

Oh god, please not p'wnd or any for there of!!!!!

That crap is overplayed, overdone, and just down right dorky. :-t
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:30 pm

bump
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting