Where does Justin Fargas go next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where does Justin Fargas go next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where does Justin Fargas go next year?

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:05 pm

He's on quite a streak the past few weeks, and it seems the starting job is his for the future. Is he looking like a 2nd or third round pick next year?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Where does Justin Fargas go next year?

Postby ttwarrior1 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:30 pm

lol not even close. I bet they won't even start him if he is even on the team. Trust me on this. Draft him in rd 2 you will get whipped
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:11 pm

ttwarrior1 wrote:lol not even close. I bet they won't even start him if he is even on the team. Trust me on this. Draft him in rd 2 you will get whipped

Why would he not start next year? He's on pace for a 1,000 yard season, and he has really only been getting the bulk of the carries in the past 5 or 6 games. I don't think Oakland has a choice, he's been great.

As for what round, I think a late 3rd or early 4th rounder could be used on him.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ivesaidway2much » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:16 pm

Next year Fargas will be competing with a relatively healthy Lamont Jordan (if he doesn't get cut) and Michael Bush (who the Raiders drafted in the second round this year and has been injured most of the year). His starting spot isn't guaranteed in 2008 just yet. We probably won't know where he should be drafted until about game 2 or 3 of preseason.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:58 pm

eagles21 wrote:
ttwarrior1 wrote:lol not even close. I bet they won't even start him if he is even on the team. Trust me on this. Draft him in rd 2 you will get whipped

Why would he not start next year? He's on pace for a 1,000 yard season, and he has really only been getting the bulk of the carries in the past 5 or 6 games. I don't think Oakland has a choice, he's been great.

As for what round, I think a late 3rd or early 4th rounder could be used on him.

Michael Bush will be the starter next year.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:38 am

TheDiplomats wrote:
eagles21 wrote:

Michael Bush will be the starter next year.

If he is healthy I think he will take the job during the season. I think they go with Fargas and Bush to start the season
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AllDay » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:35 am

34=Sweetness wrote:He's on quite a streak the past few weeks, and it seems the starting job is his for the future. Is he looking like a 2nd or third round pick next year?

Now that is just funny. I sure hope so, as long as it isn't me picking him.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:27 am

ivesaidway2much wrote:Next year Fargas will be competing with a relatively healthy Lamont Jordan (if he doesn't get cut) and Michael Bush (who the Raiders drafted in the second round this year and has been injured most of the year). His starting spot isn't guaranteed in 2008 just yet. We probably won't know where he should be drafted until about game 2 or 3 of preseason.

Bush went in the 4th, not the 2nd (100th Overall Selection).

That said, if Bush is 100% healthy going into 2008 then the very best you can hope for Fargas is an open competition for the starting RB gig, or a timeshare between him and Bush. Either way that doesn't sound like a 2nd/3rd round pick to me.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby mattUTD20 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:39 am

He's a UFA next season so he may not even be playing for the Raiders next year.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:24 pm

mattUTD20 wrote:He's a UFA next season so he may not even be playing for the Raiders next year.

I'd expect the Raiders to cut Jordan and retain Fargas. Bush, talent wise, is really ahead of Fargas...so it all comes down to Bush being healthy.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk