Willie Parker is USELESS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Willie Parker is USELESS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Willie Parker is USELESS

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:39 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i dont have any other choices, but i'm hoping the last 2 bad performances are due to the terrible Heinz field conditions

If only it were so, but in the last five games Parker has only averaged more than 4 yards per carry once against the Browns, and in that game he only averaged 4.2 ypc. The Steelers just have a terrible offensive line. If he didn't get so many carries he wouldn't be having a great season.

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but I've only missed one and a half of the Steelers' games, and their offensive line has been terrible in almost all of them.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:44 am

Things don't look any brighter for FWP with games at New England and home to Jacksonville the next two weeks.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:30 pm

killiansjmd wrote:Things don't look any brighter for FWP with games at New England and home to Jacksonville the next two weeks.

I don't know, McGahee had his best game of the season (I think) against the Patriots. You can bet the Steelers will try to emulate the Ravens' gameplan of wearing down the Patriots' D while simultaneously keeping the Patriots' offense on the bench.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:00 pm

Benching Willie Parker for ___________

JERIOUS "Darkness" NORWOOD vs. New Orleans.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Cooner » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:48 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:The Steelers' offensive line is one of the worst in the league, that's the sole reason he sucks.

finally someone else who realizes this... it's amazing to me how bad this unit is considering how good others think they are. They're not very good at pass protection either. Faneca whining can't be helping, but after several years of grabbing skill players early (and doing well... I'm not complaining about those picks), they seriously need to focus on linemen in the upcoming draft.
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:08 pm

bagobonez wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:Things don't look any brighter for FWP with games at New England and home to Jacksonville the next two weeks.

I don't know, McGahee had his best game of the season (I think) against the Patriots. You can bet the Steelers will try to emulate the Ravens' gameplan of wearing down the Patriots' D while simultaneously keeping the Patriots' offense on the bench.

The difference between the Ravens and Steelers is that the Ravens' can claim to have an offensive line that blocks. The Steelers cannot. Their line is in the worst shape I have ever seen it. If Willie Parker couldn't run wild on the New York Jets, one of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL, how is he supposed to run on the Patriots?
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:11 pm

Cooner wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:The Steelers' offensive line is one of the worst in the league, that's the sole reason he sucks.

finally someone else who realizes this... it's amazing to me how bad this unit is considering how good others think they are. They're not very good at pass protection either. Faneca whining can't be helping, but after several years of grabbing skill players early (and doing well... I'm not complaining about those picks), they seriously need to focus on linemen in the upcoming draft.

Faneca isn't doing a terrible job; it's the other four guys that aren't getting it done. Even Marvel Smith, their usually reliable left tackle, was getting beat when he was healthy. Now Max "I lost my job to a second year player out of Hofstra" Starks is the left tackle, although he was doing a decent job from what I saw. Sean Mahan sucks, Kendall Simmons is the biggest waste of $24 million I have ever seen in my life, and Willie Colon is that second year player out of Hofstra.
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Munboy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:23 am

Cooner wrote:

Oh trust me, there's plenty of us who realize how bad of shape the line is in this year and last. Losing Hartings was a huge blow, and we'll lose Fanica after this year. It doesn't look good unless something drastic changes (like the Steelers do something they NEVER do...bring in a high dollar free agent).

Parker just might find my bench in favor of Ron Grant once Marshawn Lynch comes back. :-P My RB core SUCKS!
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk