Simple topic - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Simple topic

Moderator: Football Moderators

Simple topic

Postby suhgamer » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:17 pm

Just a little blurb I heard on the radio and wondering what everyone here thinks.

Word is that the Cleveland Browns with tender Derek Anderson during the off-season, meaning to sign him a team would have to give up a 1st round and 3rd round picks to get him. Is he worth it?

I say that he's well worth it. Draft picks are usually developmental and are in most cases not huge contributers or insignificant when it comes to the Lions. I say rather than bother drafting for the future, just use the picks usefully and get a bright, young, and efficient QB. The 2nd round pick would then be used on a OL pick and we are better off. I'm just plain sick of Kitna to. My thoughts. Yours?
suhgamer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Simple topic

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:24 pm

Well it gets really easy if you are giving the draft picks to Millen. Yeah hes worth it but you have to do it now or you wont get him. Just stop thinking about it cause we arent going to get him. And hey, guess what, it wouldnt matter cause we would manage to wreck him as well.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby suhgamer » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:00 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Well it gets really easy if you are giving the draft picks to Millen. Yeah hes worth it but you have to do it now or you wont get him. Just stop thinking about it cause we arent going to get him. And hey, guess what, it wouldnt matter cause we would manage to wreck him as well.

Ahhh....spoken like a true Lions fan. And one thats been around for some time to. Come August, you'll be optimistic. Not saying we are or aren't getting him. Just an opinion if you think he's "worth" it. And from the sounds of it you think he is.
suhgamer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:22 pm

i think it's a lose-lose situation...we really need the picks to address needs but i have no confidence we'd do anything worthwhile with them (Drew Stanton, Brian Calhoun, Ikea-Alama Edwards). Kitna isnt the answer, but without an O-line i dont think Anderson is either. he seems to have the tools, but how effective will he be running for his life behind that O-line...sure, you can build around him assuming he's the real deal, but if he isnt you've likely paid him like he is and get stuck with him...not to mention that makes last years 2nd rounder spent on QB-Of-The-Future Drew Stanton a waste ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:16 am

I would love to see the Lions do what they can to get Anderson. It would have to be a sign and trade. I cannot see this happening since Ford drafted Stanton and won't be aware that he isn't an answer until he attains Luke Staley status. (Staley was a RB the Lions drafted in the 3-4th rnd who was oft injured in school and never stayed healthy enough to contribute. See also Lion Calhoun).
This is the crux of the problem, the literal head of the Lions woes.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:48 pm

moochman wrote:I would love to see the Lions do what they can to get Anderson. It would have to be a sign and trade. I cannot see this happening since Ford drafted Stanton and won't be aware that he isn't an answer until he attains Luke Staley status. (Staley was a RB the Lions drafted in the 3-4th rnd who was oft injured in school and never stayed healthy enough to contribute. See also Lion Calhoun).
This is the crux of the problem, the literal head of the Lions woes.

i thought he was a 6th or 7th rounder...other than that your point is valid. as hard as it is to say that Calhoun pick may be the worst pick of Millen's career, although if he would have panned out as a KR/PR it would be 100x better than the turds we have back there now...does Stan Kwan just tell them to run and hard and fast as they can into the 1st defender they see?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:34 pm

Luke was a 7th round pick ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby moochman » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:55 am

Sorry bout the Luke thing. Memory fades as Lions reality/brutality dulls the wit. The point is he was already known as the bionic man in college due to the amazing number of surgeries he had already had. And for Millen there is no appreciable difference between a second round pick and a seventh.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:15 pm

Lol how long have you had the urinal cake sig?? First time i have noticed it i guess. Pretty nice i must admit. If you were Anderson would you come here?? HELL NO
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigken117 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:45 pm

What's he estimated to get for a contract? 30 mil? 60?
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Detroit Lions