HOT POCKETS + ramen noodles! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

HOT POCKETS + ramen noodles!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: HOT POCKETS

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:21 pm

Tiki wrote:I live in a Dorm room Skii, I don't have the luxury of a stove, oven, and other things. I do however how a microwave and a mini-fridge with a little freezer in it. ;-D


Edit-Also, you buy knock-offs to save money.

Yes, very acceptable. The mini fridge is a college staple. I have two. Problem is, I can't get the settings right to the point where the freezer keeps stuff frozen, but doesn't freeze the beer right below it. It is tricky.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5057
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At the Mafia Cafe

Re: HOT POCKETS

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:03 am

Theres a Raman restaurant in Eugene...seriously. I've never been, I just couldn't see paying 7 bucks for something I can make at home for 15 cents. :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: HOT POCKETS

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:18 am

Metroid wrote:Theres a Raman restaurant in Eugene...seriously. I've never been, I just couldn't see paying 7 bucks for something I can make at home for 15 cents. :-b


Then, you really haven't been to a ramen restaurant. :-b

Personally I like udon best. ;-D
Image
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 924
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oh, you didn't know?

Re: HOT POCKETS

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:22 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:Theres a Raman restaurant in Eugene...seriously. I've never been, I just couldn't see paying 7 bucks for something I can make at home for 15 cents. :-b


Then, you really haven't been to a ramen restaurant. :-b

Personally I like udon best. ;-D

No I really haven't. :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: HOT POCKETS

Postby Sandrock » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:21 am

Metroid wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:Theres a Raman restaurant in Eugene...seriously. I've never been, I just couldn't see paying 7 bucks for something I can make at home for 15 cents. :-b


Then, you really haven't been to a ramen restaurant. :-b

Personally I like udon best. ;-D

No I really haven't. :-b


The ramen restaurant in Eugene isn't really a ramen restaurant. Asian restaurants in Oregon are pretty bad. We do have really good markets though. Even on the South Coast.
Image
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1422
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reser Stadium; lamenting the D-Line for 2011

Re: HOT POCKETS

Postby moonhead » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:05 am

i think it's actually called pho, right?

(pronounce fuh)
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: HOT POCKETS

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:47 am

moonhead wrote:i think it's actually called pho, right?

(pronounce fuh)


Pho is Vietnamese...i think there may be different kinds but i think the traditional pho involves "cooking" thin slices of raw beef in the super-hot soup...i'm too lazy to look this up though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Re: HOT POCKETS

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:51 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
moonhead wrote:i think it's actually called pho, right?

(pronounce fuh)


Pho is Vietnamese...i think there may be different kinds but i think the traditional pho involves "cooking" thin slices of raw beef in the super-hot soup...i'm too lazy to look this up though


Too lazy to cook, too lazy to do a google search. Who does that remind me of? Oh yeah...ME! :-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: HOT POCKETS

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:07 am

Ramen places around here only charge $2-3 for it. Extra if you want fresh ingredients added to it. :-b


In Korea, 7-11 stores sell ramen and they have a area set off to make it there yourself if you want to. ;-D
That felt so weird, eating in at a 7-11 at 2am after drinking, lol.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5971
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: HOT POCKETS

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:54 am

Sandrock wrote:The ramen restaurant in Eugene isn't really a ramen restaurant. Asian restaurants in Oregon are pretty bad. We do have really good markets though. Even on the South Coast.

Oh yeah for sure, Toshi's is a joke from what I've heard. You are right about the markets though. ;-D

There was a Korean restaurant up on Willamette and 30th that was really good but that whole shopping center was torn down and I don't think they relocated. :,-(
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:03 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact