The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (2007) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (2007)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (2007)

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:48 am

josebach wrote:It's not random, I was challenging you to a fight because you said I wasn't allowed in the new Alizee thread. Can you think of a better way to challenge somebody to a fight? I can't.

I suppose you're right, throwing your dirty skivvies in someones face is a good way to start a fight. %-6 :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:22 pm

treat24 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
treat24 wrote:In the first song madison posted she is singing about touching herself in a bathtub... yes ... like that... and also singing about washing off all her unhappiness. It's a pretty redundant song. repeats a lot. It's actually kinda funny... and hot... like i said before.

Yeah, the English translation is too cute for what it really is in French, though you can hazard a guess that what she's singing is about touching herself to forget everything that bothers her. Those wondering what the English version of "J'en ai marre" sounds like:

yeah, it definitely doesn't translate the greatest. I think both of our descriptions are decent enough. My wife is fluent and used to live in france, i could ask her. She loves Alizee. But I think we know. Sometimes I wish my French and Italian were better, at least as good as my Spanish. That would be sweet. Like if I could listen to her songs and not have to think. To just know what she is singing. :-°

My ex-girlfriend is French and I lived in France when Alizee's second album came out actually (around the time she performed in some/most of those Youtube videos). I was interested in speaking French when I was little, studied in high school, and am kind of rusty now at it, but I remember some words, expressions, and phrases when I hear it spoken...especially when Alizee sings. O:-)

josebach wrote:I agree that Alizee is really pretty and has a rocking bod, but that chick is a horrible performer. "Mechanical" and "boring" are the two words that come to mind. :-t

I'll agree with you to some extent. Alizee is not really as strong a singer as some had hoped a ways back when she won a talent show and a contract. In fact, there's a video out there on Youtube where a contestant from France's version of American Idol outsings Alizee in a duet of one of her earlier songs. Now you know why virtually all of France's music television shows have lip-synching and it's quite obvious in most of those Youtube videos, she is lip-synching.

I think she's a great dancer though. Dance is more of her natural trade. She's smooth, graceful, and enchanting with the way she moves. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:25 pm

treat24 wrote:I love Miranda Kerr...

she is my favorite vicki's model currently... love that accent.

Getting back on track, I like her a lot too. Slight edge to Alessandra Ambrosio as my favorite. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:12 pm

MIranda kerr's body makes a fine statement. I still love Heidi Klum from that Xmas commercial last year where she had on the santa hat and was singing. Hotly.

"Santa baby, I've really been an awful good girl" remember the hotness?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk